Founded in 1992, Arts Wisconsin is the only independent statewide organization advancing the local and statewide creative economy, integrating the arts and creativity in education, providing leadership and training for entrepreneurs and activists, and engaging policy-makers and the public as a catalyst for dialogue, information, and action.
Arts Wisconsin serves people, organizations, businesses and communities making the arts happen at the local level through five core services (more about programs and services here):
- Advocacy: speaking up for and advancing the arts, arts education and creative economy as integral to Wisconsin’s local, regional and statewide success, with professional lobbying services connected to grassroots advocacy
- Communication: expanding the awareness of decision-makers and citizens as a catalyst and convener about the power of the arts to transform people, organizations and communities.
- Education: enabling Wisconsin’s creators, administrators and entrepreneurs to realize and sustain success, strengthening and sustaining the state’s arts, cultural and creative infrastructure, support vibrant, thriving communities, and ensuring access to the arts for everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin
- Facilitation: encouraging creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, and positioning the arts, arts education and creative economy as economic, educational and civic assets in every Wisconsin community
- Sustain: growing arts and creative opportunities to benefit and enrich the lives of the people of Wisconsin, as a model for our constituency.
Arts Wisconsin believes that everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin should have the opportunity to experience the arts, and that the arts and creativity are a vital investment to enrich lives, grow economic opportunities, educate kids for the 21st century world and workforce, and sustain healthy, vibrant communities.
Our vision: A creative Wisconsin where everyone, everywhere in the state experiences, participates in, and benefits from the arts. Our mission: To serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich organizations, businesses, communities, as the leading voice for the arts and creativity in Wisconsin.
- the instinct to be creative is universal
- the arts embrace and celebrate diverse perspectives and distinct and numerous forms of cultural expression
- the arts are integral and must be accessible to the lives of all Wisconsin residents
- the arts are essential to Wisconsin’s economic, educational and civic high standards and continued growth
- the arts and culture are at the core of the quality of life in Wisconsin and all of its communities.
- Access to and engagement in the arts, arts education and creative economy for all
- Knowledgeable, entrepreneurial community members realizing their full potential as engaged, productive, proactive leaders
- Investment in the power, benefit, impact, and value of the arts for economic, educational and civic success.
Who’s in the network? Our members and supporters include individuals, organizations, businesses, agencies, and communities, encouraged by our grassroots, comprehensive advocacy and service for public and private investment in the arts, arts education, creative economy and creative place making locally, regionally, and statewide.
- Connect to a statewide network of arts, business, educational, economic development, governmental, political and civic leaders making the arts happen throughout Wisconsin
- Vote and provide input on Arts Wisconsin’s policy and program agenda for advocacy, visibility and service
- Support professional, strategic advocacy efforts to advance the arts and creativity throughout Wisconsin
- Receive newsletters and timely action alerts
- Access professional development and networking for arts, business, education, and civic leaders and entrepreneurs
- Utilize Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsPeers Advisory Network for planning, consulting and technical assistance
- Participate in educational programs and learning communities for leaders throughout the state
- Use fiscal receiver services for Wisconsin arts and community projects and programs
- Attend conferences, community planning meetings, training workshops, and seminars
- Receive members-only discounts on select services and programs.
Expand your network through an alliance of colleagues and peers, network and learn, gain resources and information. Join Arts Wisconsin as an organizational or individual member. Learn more about the arts in Wisconsin and about Arts Wisconsin. And join us to help us promote creativity as a smart investment for the state and all of its communities! Join today at www.artswisconsin.org/support.