Please support Arts Wisconsin’s work to keep Wisconsin creative. Through the pandemic and beyond, our job is to keep the arts and creativity front and center as essential to Wisconsin’s future. For over 25 years, Arts Wisconsin has been all about about growing Wisconsin creatively and equitably.
This work has never been more important than right now. As the only independent statewide organization concerned with and advocating for Wisconsin’s creative sector, we’ve been working tirelessly this year (and always). In this tumultuous time, we have jumped into action to advocate for state and federal investment in creative sector relief and access efforts, help people share concerns, ideas and issues, promote resources, research and data to frame the future, and much more.
As an industry, the creative sector has leveraged more than $10.1 billion to Wisconsin’s economy, encompassing over 96,000 of its residents (more jobs than in the state’s beer, biotech, and papermaking industries), according to the US Department of Commerce. Now, nationally, 63% of artists are unemployed and 59% of arts and culture non-profits are closed. You can’t stop the creative spirit in each of us, but this critical industry needs help to move forward and come back with a flourish.
We’ve seen remarkable innovation and resilience throughout the state this year, and we’re proud of the leadership Arts Wisconsin has provided to champion Wisconsin’s creative sector. We’re expanding important initiatives in 2021 to grow creative energy as a force for change statewide and help creative people and industries survive and thrive.
Looking ahead, our work is all about helping Wisconsin’s creative industry get through and come back with a flourish. While we understand the obvious hardships of the COVID-19 crisis for the sector, whatever support you can provide will power our work in 2021 and help us give voice to the vibrant, collective power of Wisconsin’s creative sector.
Suggested organizational membership amounts (based on budget size):
|$25,001 – $100,000||$150.00|
|$100,001 – $500,000||$250.00|
|$500,001 – $1 million||$350.00|
|over $1 million||$500.00|
You can show your support in these ways:
Looking ahead, we’re focused on the long-term sustainability of your organization and arts and culture overall, through:
- Advocacy for local, state, and federal policy and legislation, to ensure access to the arts, culture and creativity for everyone, everywhere in the state. Watch for more info about Creative Wisconsin Month in April 2021, featuring networking, learning, and advocacy opportunities.
- Representation with public officials, philanthropy, and other centers of power on issues like reopening, equity, access, and inclusion, and sustainability through systems change. The FY2021-2023 state budget discussions have begun, and we will make sure investment in the arts and creativity is front and center during the process.
- Ongoing funding opportunities for the creative sector.
- Technical assistance, professional development, planning and consulting, and resources to help move through the pandemic and beyond. Watch for new listening sessions and discussions starting up soon.
- Research on the short term and lasting impact of COVID on the arts, culture and creativity throughout the state. It’s important that we know how this unprecedented time has affected all of us, on all levels.
There’s hope on the horizon. Creativity is leading the way and showing us what’s possible. We pledge to do even more to speak up and serve on your behalf, with a fierce commitment to optimism, urgency, and strategic change.
Why should you support Arts Wisconsin? Here are some good reasons.
For all members and donors – make your membership work for you:
- Check our website (www.artswisconsin.org), and social media (Facebook and Twitter) for info about programs and conferences.
- Subscribe to Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center: be informed and prepared, find a job, keep up with Wisconsin people, politics, and the arts, tune in to insider information, and learn the easy steps to Take Action in support of the arts, arts education and creative economy in your community and statewide.
- Like | Share | Tweet – sign up for:
The only way through this is together. Thank you for your resilience, creativity, and community spirit, and for your support.