Resources from the National Endowment for the Arts on accessibility:
- Accessibility Planning and Resource Guide for Cultural Administrators – a free ebook that provides guidance to cultural administrators on how to achieve accessible and inclusive programming for everyone including individuals with disabilities and older adults.
- Design for Accessibility: A Cultural Administrator’s Handbook – a free PDF file designed to help organizations not only comply with Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, but to assist in making access an integral part of planning, mission, programs, outreach, meetings, budget and staffing.
- Section 504 Self-Evaluation Workbook – This Program Evaluation Workbook is designed to assist staff of Endowment grant recipients in evaluating the current state of accessibility of their programs and activities to disabled visitors and employees.
- This Tip Sheet is an easy-to-read explanation of the 2010 revisions to the Americans with Disabilities Act Titles II and III that impact arts and cultural organizations, including requirements for ticketing, mobility devices, service animals, and new construction.
- Promise and Practice: Accessibility in the Arts
updated August 2021