The Small Community Forums provide resources and a venue for everyone who cares about the future of Wisconsin’s small (and mighty) communities. The Forums bring together residents, community leaders, elected officials, business leaders and civic-minded individuals to share best practices and discuss strategies to address the unique opportunities and challenges facing our communities.
Dates and locations:
- Tuesday, 10/26 – Hayward
Flat Creek Lodge, 10290 Highway 27 South
Hosted by Sawyer County/Lac Courte Oreilles Economic Development Corporation
- Wednesday, 10/27 – Fountain City
City of Fountain City Auditorium (City Hall), 42 North Main Street
Hosted by City of Fountain City
- Tuesday, 11/2 – Spring Green
Arthur’s Supper Club, E4885 Hwy 14
Hosted by Spring Green Chamber of Commerce and Arthur’s Supper Club
- Thursday, 11/4 – Weyauwega
Weyauwega City Hall, 109 E. Main Street
Hosted by City of Weyauwega
Forums agenda (subject to change)
- 7:30 am – registrations/coffee and rolls
- 8 am – welcome and introductions
- 8:45 am – Local Case Studies: Stories and examples of the good work going on in the community
- 10 am – Wisconsin by the Numbers: Matt Kures of the Community Economic Development Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison/Extension will talk through economic and demographic data analyzing the strengths and weaknesses, and better understanding, of our communities.
- 10:45 am – Roundtable Discussions
- Placemaking and placekeeping
- Community engagement
- 11:45 am – Wrap up
- 12 noon – lunch with resource leaders
Presented by local partners and Arts Wisconsin, League of Wisconsin Municipalities, USDA Rural Development Wisconsin, UW-Madison/Extension, Wisconsin Downtown Action Council, Wisconsin Main Street, and Wisconsin Rural Partners.
The cost is $20 per person, ,which includes coffee/rolls and lunch. Space at some locations may be limited to ensure participant safety, so register early!
Register and send a check or pay online:
- Check payable and send to Arts Wisconsin, Box 1054, Madison, WI 53701-1054
- Credit card via Mightycause (VISA/MC) – please note that Mightycause identifies as a donation site, but we’ll know your payment is a registration fee
, or select “pay at door” option and bring cash/check (payable to Arts Wisconsin) to the Forum.
Questions? Contact Anne Katz, Arts Wisconsin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.