Arts Wisconsin works with everyone interested in the future of their community and of Wisconsin – including local and statewide elected officials, economic development professionals, business and civic leaders – to grow and expand economic and civic opportunity for everyone, everywhere in the state. Our services include
- presentations, technical assistance, and training on creative economy and asset-based community development and vitality, creative placemaking, and civic engagement through the arts and creativity, adapted for specific communities and situations.
- consulting, facilitating, and planning assistance on strategic planning for community arts and creative sector development, with local government, regional development agencies, and civic leaders. A few representative planning and consulting projects:
- information and research
- Creative Economy Development Resources
- 21st Century Wisconsin, released by Arts Wisconsin in partnership with the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, a report on exciting opportunities for growth and success throughout the state, including strategic recommendations for community cultural development.
- How to develop your community’s creative economy – a blog post by Anne Katz, Executive Director, Arts Wisconsin
- Civic connections and engagement through the arts, or, how to answer the question, “what can we DO to grow the creative economy in our community?”
- networking, learning and connecting
- Creative economy listserve-a discussion group for issues, ideas, trends, and news related to the creative economy in Wisconsin: to join, send a message with “subscribe” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make Music Wisconsin is part of a global celebration of music and community, happening each year on June 21, the summer solstice. Click here to find out more about how you and your community can be involved
- Small Community Forums – meetings in communities under 2500 population, bringing together arts, business, economic development, education, civic leaders, in partnership with League of Wisconsin Municipalities, UW-Extension, USDA Rural Development, Wisconsin Rural Partners, Wisconsin Downtown Action Council.
- Creative Wisconsin Day 2021 will happen in March 2021. More info to follow.
Contact Anne Katz, Executive Director, Arts Wisconsin, at 608 255 8316 | email@example.com for more information and discuss specific community needs and plans.