The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first:
- TimeSlips: Calling All Milwaukee-Based Artists, Milwaukee
- Director, La Crosse Community Theatre, La Crosse
- Multimedia Designer – Marketing Specialist, Wisconsin Department of Tourism, Madison
- Morning Glory Art Fair Director, Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council, Milwaukee
- Director of Programs, Arts @ Large, Milwaukee
- Booking Assistant, Opera for the Young, Madison
- Executive Director, Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Neenah
- Administrative Assistant, Walworth County Arts Council, Delavan
- Program Advisor/WUD Music Advisor, UW Madison, Madison
- Technical Director, Children’s Theatre of Madison, Madison
- Executive Director, Phipps Center for the Arts, Hudson
- Membership Manager, Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras, Madison
- Development and Fundraising Associate, Capital City Theatre, Madison
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
- To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to email@example.com. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of your message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs. Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, we wouldn’t know that your listing is out of date, and will leave it up on the site. So please let us know when it’s time to take down the listing.
TimeSlips: Calling All Milwaukee-Based Artists, Milwaukee, WI (posted 7-1-20)
With the support of grant funding, TimeSlips is recruiting 10 Community-Engaged Artists to engage isolated older adults in Milwaukee County through our new project, Tele-Stories. Compensation is $6,000 for 14 weeks of 1/2 time work, creatively engaging 10+ elders by phone each week.
Tele-Stories invites elders into creative and engaging conversations led by artists of all media, from the comfort of their own homes. The TimeSlips Tele-Stories project aims to reduce the negative impact of isolation, made worse by COVID, on those who are living alone. Artists will be trained in the TimeSlips methodology and will learn how to lead creative conversations and exercises via phone.
Because the need for engagement is dire, we anticipate a very short recruitment/selection period. Artists will need to be dependable, resourceful and thrive in a virtual, team environment. Due to grant restrictions, please note that artists must live in the city of Milwaukee. Once selected, artists will be trained in TimeSlips and paired with 10 Milwaukee elders living alone to connect with remotely. Artists will be asked to work 20 hours per week for 14 weeks.
Please forward this posting to people you think might be interested in applying. Application materials, as outlined in the job description, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5th. Click here for the full job description.
Director, La Crosse Community Theatre, La Crosse, WI (posted 6-30-20)
Click here for info. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. For best consideration, please submit application materials by July 17, 2020.
Multimedia Designer – Marketing Specialist, Wisconsin Department of Tourism, Madison, WI (posted 6-17-20) Deliver diverse creative assignments within multiple disciplines that could include video, motion graphics, animation, illustration, digital graphics and traditional graphic design. Click here for info. Posted to 7-6-20.
Morning Glory Art Fair Director, Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council, Milwaukee, WI (posted 6-15-20)
The Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council is looking to hire a Morning Glory Art Fair Director. The Morning Glory Art Fair, an annual event in downtown Milwaukee for 47 years, showcases the work of 100+ artisans from the region and across the US.
Part-Time paid position – starts September 2020 for event in August, 2021.
-Lead and direct a team of experienced volunteers in the planning and execution of the Morning Glory Art Fair at the Fiserv Plaza the second weekend in August.
-Have experience managing large non-profit consumer events?
-Interested in the Arts?
-Like a variety of tasks and working with volunteers?
Email email@example.com for the job description and application information.
Director of Programs, Arts At Large Inc., Milwaukee, WI
Click here for info. Posted to 7-10-20.
Booking Assistant, Opera for the Young, Madison, WI
Click here for info.
Executive Director, Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Neenah, WI (posted 4-8-20)
Click here for information.
Administrative Assistant, Walworth County Arts Council, Delavan, WI (posted 3-11-20)
Walworth County Arts Council seeks to fill its administrative assistant position. Please send a letter of intent, 2 references and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line Administrative Assistant Position. Flexible hours. Primary Duties of the Administrative Assistant:
- Maintain up-to-date membership addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in Excel
- Write and distribute newsletter to membership on a quarterly basis or as necessary
- Work with website manager/host to keep website up to date
- Monitor and maintain Google and ConstantContact account
- Competency in Microsoft Office, ConstantContact, Google drive and file management
- Attendance at monthly board and executive committee meetings, other events/meetings as needed
- Support committee chairs and programs with secretarial duties.
Our mission is one of advocating for the arts, supporting educational opportunities for youth and providing access to quality arts experiences for all citizens of Walworth County!
Click here for info.
Technical Director, Children’s Theater of Madison, Madison, WI (posted 2-6-20)
Click here for details.
Membership Manager, Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras, Madison, WI (posted 12-4-19)
The Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras (WYSO) seeks an energetic, resourceful and highly organized professional to join one of the most highly respected youth orchestra programs in the country. The WYSO Membership Manager is a key member of the WYSO team serving the needs of WYSO members and their families by coordinating all member activities and communications. A strong focus on customer service to members and families is required.
Founded in 1966 by Marvin Rabin, the Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras is widely regarded as one of the top youth orchestra programs in the country. Over 4000 young musicians from more than 100 communities in southern and central Wisconsin have participated in the program. Driven by the mission of enriching lives by providing transformational musical experiences and opportunities, WYSO provides exceptional musical training and performance opportunities to a diverse community of young musicians.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include health, dental, disability/life insurance, paid vacation, sick days and a 403b retirement savings plan.
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit a personal letter of interest, resume and two letters of professional recommendation.
A full position description is available online at www.wysomusic.org/about/employment/
Submit applications electronically to Bridget Fraser at email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls please.
Capital City Theatre in Madison WI seeks a Development Associate to lead fundraising efforts for seasonal sponsorships (foundation and corporate) and an ongoing major gifts program including individual arts donors in Madison. Applicant will have the opportunity to cultivate new donor relationships within the arts community as well as seek new grants to broaden the donor base for this growing musical theatre company in addition to maintaining the support of long-standing investors.
The Development Associate manages the donor database system and donor communications as well as the distribution of donor benefits and works alongside the Theatre’s management team and board of directors to achieve long-term funding goals.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years working within a nonprofit fundraising environment and must be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and possess excellent communication skills. Previous grant writing and arts funding experience preferred as well as a means to connect to the large arts gifts donors in Madison. This is a work from your own location position with the ability to travel in the Madison area for donor meetings. Occasional weekend and evening work for scheduled events and meetings will be required.
Capital City Theatre is Madison’s professional regional musical theater company, established in 2014 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission to produce professional, engaging live musical theatre performances and educate aspiring and working musical theatre artists through workshops, intensives, and seminars.
Capital City Theatre strives to inspire audiences by connecting them with outstanding performers and artistic staff from the Madison area and across the country. By bringing both top talent and first-rate education to the stage, Capital City creates an experience that keeps audiences entertained, excited and coming back again and again.
If interested, please contact Artistic Director, Andrew Abrams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Now accepting applications for fall 2020
Arts Wisconsin is an independent statewide organization with the mission to serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich communities as the voice for the arts. Arts Wisconsin advances the creative economy, integrates the arts and creativity in education, educates entrepreneurs and activists, and engages policy-makers and the public as a catalyst and convener for dialogue, information, and action.Arts Wisconsin is currently seeking creative, self-motivated communication, engagement and social media interns with strong writing, interviewing, and journalism skills as well as experience with social media, design, and marketing. Intern responsibilities include working on the organization’s communication plan, overseeing the writing and editing of the News from Arts Wisconsin monthly e-newsletter, coordinating social media platforms, and assisting with research projects, website maintenance, and fundraising and outreach/engagement programs. The ideal intern has an interest in the arts, arts education, politics and civic issues, community engagement, and cultural and creative development.
We are particularly interested in students with film/video expertise and interest to assist in the development and production of promotional and educational videos. Skills in graphic design and visual promotion are an added plus. This is an unpaid internship. We offer a meaningful, challenging, and interesting experience and a flexible schedule, and are amenable to a wide range of interests and talents. To apply, please send a resume to Anne Katz, Executive Director, email@example.com.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)
- Jobs that Help – nonprofit opportunities in Wisconsin
- NE Wisconsin Arts Association Jobs Board
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin Arts Board’s Opportunities in the Arts
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center
national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising
- ArtJob Online
ArtJob Online is a Web-based resource for employment and opportunities in the arts throughout the U.S. This searchable Web site includes full- and part-time positions, internships, grants, fellowships, and calls for entries.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)