The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first:
- Director of Audience Services, Wisconsin Union Theatre, Madison
- Positions at Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee
- Assistant General Manager
- Assistant Ticket Office Manager
- Accounting Associate
- Executive Chef
- Wardrobe Supervisor
- Artistic Director, Third Avenue Playworks, Sturgeon Bay
- Box Office and Patron Services Manager, Florentine Opera, Milwaukee
- Positions at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee
- Positions available at Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, Milwaukee
- Philanthropy Officer – Foundations and Institutional Giving
- Office Manager
- Positions at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Positions available at Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee
- Assistant Director of Production and Facilities
- Lead Properties Artisan
- Lead Carpenter
- Audio Supervisor
- Assistant Master Electrician
- Director of Development
- Technical Director, Schauer Arts Center, Hartford
- Director of Education, Art + Literature Lab (ALL), Madison
- Business Manager, Center for the Visual Arts, Wausau
- Director of Marketing, Grand Theater, Wausau
- Event Booking Specialist, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, Appleton
- Arts/Industry Pottery Technician | John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Tour Guide, Rollo Jamison and Mining Museums, Platteville
- Positions available at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- Education History Producer, PBS Wisconsin, Madison
- Marketing & Communications Director, Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, Brookfield
- Discovery Guides, Madison Childrens Museum, Madison
- Patron Services Manager, Madison Opera, Madison
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of your message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs.
Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, we won’t know that your listing is out of date. So please, let us know when it’s time to take down the listing.
Program Manager, Donna Lexa Art Centers, Waukesha, WI (posted 9-3-21)
Click here for info.
Manager of Grants and Corporate Giving, Madison Symphony Orchestra, Madison, WI (posted 9-3-21)
Click here for info. Posted to 10-3-21.
- ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- ASSISTANT TICKET OFFICE MANAGER – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- EXECUTIVE CHEF – Full-Time, Seasonal, Exempt More information (pdf)
- WARDROBE SUPERVISOR – Full-Time, Seasonal, Exempt
More information (pdf)
Click here for info. Posted to 9-12-21.
Arts Residency Programs Manager, UW Division of the Arts, Madison, WI (posted 8-28-21)
Click here for info. Posted t0 9-30-21.
Are you an exhibitions-focused individual with registrarial experience and an affinity for working with artists and artworks? Do you have a high level of drive, organizational practices, and competency in technology used in object documentation and collection/loan processing? The John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC) in Sheboygan, WI, is seeking an Assistant Registrar to support the larger registrarial team in the management of incoming and outgoing loans for exhibitions and the maintenance of a collection comprising over 35,000 objects. Click here for full info.
Positions available at Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee, WI (posted 8-27-21)
Posted to 9-27-21.
Click here for info. Posted to 9-15-21.
- Director of Development – click here for full info. Posted to 8-27-21.
- Assistant Director of Production and Facilities – click here for info
- Lead Properties Artisan: https://bit.ly/3yBQ6tJ
- Lead Carpenter: https://bit.ly/3fLnKFV
- Audio Supervisor: https://bit.ly/2VHtDNw
- Assistant Master Electrician: https://bit.ly/3s7aCzZ
Technical Director, Schauer Arts Center, Hartford, WI (posted 8-5-21)
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervision of: Assistant Technical Director, temporary, part-time or volunteer tech crew, Facility Manager
The TD carries out the successful implementation and support of all Schauer events and provides technical assistance to all users of the Schauer Center. This includes, but is not limited to support of staging, lighting, sound and rigging needs. This position requires a very flexible schedule. Evening and weekend hours are expected on a regular basis. Work hours will vary according to activities scheduled at the Center.
Responsibilities include: manage all technical aspects of performances and events, maintain equipment, order materials and manage tech budget. Manage advancement of performances and hospitality commitments. Train and supervise all tech personnel. Assist and work with all renters and users of the facility. Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the theater and stage. Work with Facility Manager to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Schauer Arts Center. Act as liaison with local Fire Marshall and other relevant officials to ensure compliance with appropriate codes and statutes to ensure safety and security.
5+ years’ experience in technical theater and show production, with expertise/professional level knowledge of stage lighting, sound, rigging, stagecraft, production management, technical system operations and upkeep.
Experience or demonstrated ability to provide support to renters, artists, and production personnel, as well as internal staff.
Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to multi-task.
Strong commitment to safe operational standards
Ability to work flexible schedule over the course of the production calendar and year
4-year degree in Technical Theater or related field.
Venue management a plus
Filled with culture and history, the Schauer Arts Center was transformed from a canning factory built in 1912 into a non-profit, regional center for the arts. Since opening in 2000, the Schauer Arts Center presents professional touring performances in the 570 seat Ruth A. Knoll Theater, shows regional artwork in the Suckow Family Art Gallery, serves as a home to the Hartford City Band, Hartford Community Chorus, The Hartford Players, and the Kettle Moraine Fine Arts Guild, provides a Community School of the Arts.and hosts weddings and other events in the Beautiful Pike’s Peak Hall and in the new outdoor courtyard. To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 20, 2021.
Director of Education, Art + Literature Lab (ALL), Madison, WI (posted 8-5-21)
ALL is hiring its first full-time Director of Education to develop youth and adult education and outreach programs. Click here for info.
Director of Marketing, Grand Theater, Wausau, WI (posted 8-4-21)
Click here for info.
Event Booking Specialist, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, Appleton, WI (posted 7-30-21)
The Fox Cities Performing Arts Center is currently hiring for an event booking specialist. This position will assist in managing the Center’s calendar and scheduling all ticketed and non-ticketed events. Click here for info.
Arts/Industry Pottery Technician | John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI (posted 7-29-21)
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is seeking a self-motivated, skilled pottery technician to facilitate the technical and physical aspects of artists’ residencies and other Arts/Industry programming needs. Click here for info.
Tour Guide, Rollo Jamison and Mining Museums, Platteville, WI (posted 7-26-21)
Click here for description and application.
- Command Center Security Officer
- Ticket Office Performance Manager
- Ticket Office Service Associate
- Graphic Designer
- Event Manager
- Gallery Assistant
Positions available at the Marcus Performing Arts Center, Milwaukee, WI (posted 7-15-21)
Click here for full info on available positions. Established in 1969, the Marcus Performing Arts Center (Marcus Center) is the premier performing arts community gathering space in Southeastern Wisconsin. As a Milwaukee County-owned facility (managed and operated by the Marcus Performing Arts Center nonprofit organization), the Marcus Center’s mission is to act as an energizing force that connects the community to the world through collaboration, innovation, social engagement, and the transformative power of live performing arts. The Marcus Center is home to the Milwaukee Ballet, The Florentine Opera, First Stage, and Black Arts MKE and is also a dedicated veterans memorial in Milwaukee. Available positions include:
Click here for info.
Production Manager/Technical Director, Sheboygan Theatre Company, Sheboygan, WI (posted 6-9-21)
Due to the COVID pandemic the Sheboygan Theatre Company (STC) is accepting applications for the position of a part-time Production Manager/Technical Director. The Sheboygan Theatre Company Production Manager/Technical Director will be a dynamic leader who will assist in creating a safe and effective production schedule and overseeing the successful design and realization of four shows over the span of the season. The successful applicant will have demonstrated strong budgeting and organizational skills with abilities and experience to assist in Stage Management, Lighting, Scenic, Sound and/or Costuming, when the need arises. Click here for full info.
Patron Services Manager, Madison Opera, Madison, WI (posted 5-25-21)
Click here for info.
Development Manager, Present Music, Milwaukee, WI (posted 5-17-21)
Click here for info.
Internships, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Arts Wisconsin is seeking interns for fall and winter 2021-2022, to work on advocacy and policy, programming, promotion, and all sorts of interesting service and development issues related to the growth of Wisconsin’s creative sector. This can be a mostly virtual experience for a motivated self-starter. Contact Arts Wisconsin at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume.
- The Art Career Project: explore hundreds of career profiles and learn more about what it takes to build long-term careers within today’s top creative industries.
- Jobs that Help – nonprofit opportunities in Wisconsin
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center – national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising