The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first:
- Assistant Technical Director-Performing Arts Center, Muskego High School, Muskego
- Registrarial Fellow, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Senior Development Director, Milwaukee Symphony, Milwaukee
- Performing Arts Center (PAC) Supervisor, Verona Area School District, Verona
- Art Instructor, Donna Lexa Community Art Centers, Waukesha and West Allis
- Tech Director, Schauer Arts Center, Hartford
- Company Manager, Wild Space Dance Company, Milwaukee
- Gallery Manager (part time), MARN Arts and Culture Hub, Milwaukee
- Positions open at the Monroe Street Arts Center: Director and Business Manager, Madison
- Rural-Urban Flow Organizer, Wormfarm Institute, Reedsburg
- Booking Assistant, Opera for the Young, Madison
- Executive Director, Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Neenah
- Administrative Assistant, Walworth County Arts Council, Delavan
- Program Advisor/WUD Music Advisor, UW Madison, Madison
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
- To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of your message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs. Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, we wouldn’t know that your listing is out of date, and will leave it up on the site. So please let us know when it’s time to take down the listing.
Assistant Technical Director-Performing Arts Center, Muskego High School, Muskego, WI (posted 10-29-20)
Click here for details.
Registrarial Fellow, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI (posted 10-22-20)
Click here for info.
Senior Development Director, Milwaukee Symphony, Milwaukee, WI (posted 10-17-20)
Click here for info. Posted to 11-5-20.
Performing Arts Center (PAC) Supervisor, Verona Area School District, Verona, WI (posted 10-8-20)
Verona Area School District is seeking PAC Supervisor applicants. Click here to complete required WECAN application and view vacancy details.
Technical Director, Schauer Arts Center, Hartford, WI (posted 9-11-20)
Starting now at 20 hours/week hourly, expanding to full time exempt when performances resume (Additional hours available now in maintenance if desired)
The Technical Director ensures the safe and efficient operation of the Schauer Arts Center including effective management of its equipment and personnel. The TD carries out the successful implementation and support of all Theater events and provides technical assistance to all users of the Schauer Center. This includes, but is not limited to support of staging, lighting, sound and rigging needs. This position requires a very flexible schedule. Evening and weekend hours are expected on a regular basis. Work hours will vary according to activities happening at the Center.
Responsibilities as the organization’s lead technician include: manage all technical aspects of performances, maintain equipment, order materials and manage tech budget. Train and supervise all tech personnel. Assist and work with all renters and users of the facility. Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the theater and stage. Serve as in-house advisor and laiason to managed IT for all matters pertaining to IT/computer systems, phones and A/V equipment.
5+ years’ experience in technical theater and show production, with expertise/professional level knowledge of stage lighting, sound, rigging, stagecraft, production management, technical system operations and upkeep.
Experience or demonstrated ability to provide support to renter, artists, and production personnel, as well as internal staff.
Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to multi-task.
Strong commitment to safe operational standards
Ability to work flexible schedule over the course of the production calendar and year
4-year degree in Technical Theater, related field, or equivalent experience.
Filled with culture and history, the Schauer Arts Center was transformed from a canning factory built in 1912 into a non-profit, regional center for the arts. Since opening in 2001, the Schauer Arts Center presents professional touring performances in the 570 seat Ruth A. Knoll Theater, regional artwork in the Suckow Family Art Gallery, serves as a home to the Hartford City Band, Hartford Community Chorus, The Hartford Players, and the Kettle Moraine Fine Arts Guild, hosts a School of the Arts with many classes offered to the community, and hosts weddings and other events in the Beautiful Pike’s Peak.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Company Manager Job
Please visit our website for more information about our company www.wildspacedance.org. Wild Space Dance Company, a non-profit dance company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill the role of Company Manager. The position requires administrative and management skills to support company operations. We are looking for a dynamic individual with administrative experience, schedule flexibility, and insight on Milwaukee’s performing arts community. The Company Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director and Assistant Artistic Director, and the Wild Space Board of Directors to support the company’s mission with integrity. Wild Space has been creating innovative, site-specific work for over 30 years. Wild Space is an equal opportunity company.Hours: Year- round part time position with flexible hours, average 20 hours/ week, must be willing to work evenings and weekends during performances (4 per year)Pay: range $19,000 to $25,000
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of computer/ technology and database platforms
Ability to initiate ideas
Works well independently and with an artistic team
Experience and/or education in Arts Administration
Graphic design skills
Foundation and Government Grants – Research and write foundation and government grant proposals and conduct follow up as required.
Corporate Support -Develop corporate support program through coordination with the board of directors to include creation of materials, prospecting, tracking and reporting.
Annual Campaign – Coordinate with the Board of Directors, strategize and create all materials. Organize and update donor records and conduct follow-up/acknowledgements.
Miscellaneous – Represent the company at meetings requested by funding
organizations. Prepare monthly funding reports for Board Meetings. Assist the board with receptions and
benefit events. Follow thru with donor acknowledgement.FinancialBudgets -In conjunction with Artistic Director, create program and funding budgets for board
approval. Responsible for oversight of revenues, expenses and associated financial issues.Accounts Payable/Receivable -In conjunction with Artistic Director, Bi-monthly review with accountant to pay expenses and record revenues. Generate contracts for all outsourced personnel.Marketing
Design / Advertising – Creation and placement of print media including: presentation graphics, media kits, show programs, posters and postcards.
(Assistant Artistic Director shall be responsible for social and web media)
Performance – In conjunction with the Artistic Director, set up publicity schedules and write press releases. Create Constant Contact with scheduled releases.
Miscellaneous – In conjunction with Artistic Director, expedite direct mail campaigns and flyer distribution for events, classes or fund drives.General Office Work
Coordination for Board of Directors – Attend monthly board meetings. Send out board meeting reminders. In conjunction with the Artistic Director, develop monthly agendas. Occasionally assist board secretary with board minutes. Arrange annually a strategic planning meeting in January, work with the president and artistic director regarding agenda, etc. Organize materials for board prospects and meet with them for orientation.Mailing Information – Updating of mailing lists to include purging and adding new donors, program and event attendees. Organize bulk mailings for annual campaigns and performances.Office Administration – Data entry, opening mail, purchasing office supplies, and other required general office administrative duties.
Click here for info.
Rural-Urban Flow Organizer, Wormfarm Institute, Reedsburg, WI (posted 7-20-20)
Direct Supervisor: Civic Engagement Strategist
Hours: Contract, 20-25 hours/week, July-December 2020, with the possibility of extension Compensation: $20-25/hr depending on experience, plus mileage reimbursement Location: Remote
Position Overview: Wormfarm Institute in Sauk County, Wisconsin, seeks a creative and ambitious organizer to bring rural and urban Wisconsinites together in dialogue leading up to the 2020 election, to identify and develop community leaders, and to grow the statewide Rural Urban Flow network. The organizer will facilitate conversations and cultural activities that reach thousands of voters, build an expanding network of participants, and lay the groundwork for an alliance among civic, cultural, and agricultural players for the 2020 election and beyond. If successful, this position may evolve into an open-ended staff organizer position for the Rural Urban Flow network.
Primary Responsibilities: The Rural-Urban Organizer will:
- Grow the Rural Urban Flow network: work with current Flow leaders to develop leaders and strengthen relationships with and among allied organizations and individuals in Sauk County and Milwaukee, and possibly elsewhere in the state.
- Coordinate the logistics of the Wormfarm-Local Voices Network collaboration: setting up and running 100 community conversations around issues of food, farming, and the land, and the 2020 election; recruiting volunteer facilitators and participants; archiving conversations, and selecting and sharing key insights.
- Co-create, facilitate, and evaluate civic-engagement work leading up to, during, and after Wormfarm’s Farm/Art DTour (Sep 26-Oct 4), including voter registration and turnout.
Qualifications and Skills: A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A commitment to building a new, prosperous, and equitable future for residents of rural and urban Wisconsin, where everyone’s contribution counts and everyone’s perspective matters.
- The ability to facilitate collaboration, negotiate tensions, and move an ambitious and complex agenda in collaboration with partners from a wide range of backgrounds.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Access to a car, computer, and cell phone; experience and facility with online meeting technology; ability and willingness to travel between Sauk County and Milwaukee; and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply: please send a cover letter, resume, three work samples demonstrating the above qualifications/skills, and three references to Donna Neuwirth (email@example.com), subject line: Organizer app. Apply ASAP; position open until filled.
Wormfarm Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and its employment policies and practices are applicable to all employees without regard to race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, creed, disability or national origin.
Booking Assistant, Opera for the Young, Madison, WI
Click here for info.
Executive Director, Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Neenah, WI (posted 4-8-20)
Click here for information.
Administrative Assistant, Walworth County Arts Council, Delavan, WI (posted 3-11-20)
Walworth County Arts Council seeks to fill its administrative assistant position. Please send a letter of intent, 2 references and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line Administrative Assistant Position. Flexible hours. Primary Duties of the Administrative Assistant:
- Maintain up-to-date membership addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in Excel
- Write and distribute newsletter to membership on a quarterly basis or as necessary
- Work with website manager/host to keep website up to date
- Monitor and maintain Google and ConstantContact account
- Competency in Microsoft Office, ConstantContact, Google drive and file management
- Attendance at monthly board and executive committee meetings, other events/meetings as needed
- Support committee chairs and programs with secretarial duties.
Our mission is one of advocating for the arts, supporting educational opportunities for youth and providing access to quality arts experiences for all citizens of Walworth County!
Click here for info.
Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Now accepting applications for fall and winter 2020
Arts Wisconsin is an independent statewide organization with the mission to serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich communities as the voice for the arts. Arts Wisconsin advances the creative economy, integrates the arts and creativity in education, educates entrepreneurs and activists, and engages policy-makers and the public as a catalyst and convener for dialogue, information, and action.Arts Wisconsin is currently seeking creative, self-motivated communication, engagement and social media interns with strong writing, interviewing, and journalism skills as well as experience with social media, design, and marketing. Intern responsibilities include working on the organization’s communication plan, overseeing the writing and editing of the News from Arts Wisconsin monthly e-newsletter, coordinating social media platforms, and assisting with research projects, website maintenance, and fundraising and outreach/engagement programs. The ideal intern has an interest in the arts, arts education, politics and civic issues, community engagement, and cultural and creative development.
We are particularly interested in students with film/video expertise and interest to assist in the development and production of promotional and educational videos. Skills in graphic design and visual promotion are an added plus. This is an unpaid internship. We offer a meaningful, challenging, and interesting experience and a flexible schedule, and are amenable to a wide range of interests and talents. To apply, please send a resume to Anne Katz, Executive Director, email@example.com.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)
- Jobs that Help – nonprofit opportunities in Wisconsin
- NE Wisconsin Arts Association Jobs Board
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin Arts Board’s Opportunities in the Arts
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center
national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising
- ArtJob Online
ArtJob Online is a Web-based resource for employment and opportunities in the arts throughout the U.S. This searchable Web site includes full- and part-time positions, internships, grants, fellowships, and calls for entries.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)