The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first (scroll down for job descriptions):
- Chief Marketing Officer, Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- Arts/Industry Foundry Technician, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Event Operations Coordinator, Audio Specialist, Fine Arts Center, Viterbo University, La Crosse
- Events Coordinator, Taliesin Preservation, Spring Green
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Grand Theater (Performing Arts Foundation), Wausau
- Patron Services Manager, Children’s Theatre of Madison, Madison
- Executive Director, Bartell Theatre, Madison
- Marketing and Communications Manager, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee
- Marketing & Group Sales Associate, Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee
- Director, Bolz Center for Arts Administration, UW-Madison, Madison
- Production Manager, Peninsula Players Theatre, Fish Creek
- Technical Director, Third Avenue PlayWorks, Sturgeon Bay
- Operations Manager, Circus World, Baraboo
- Executive Director, Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee
- Box Office Manager, Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua, Bayfield
- Direct Support Professional / Artistic Associate, Encore Studio for the Performing Arts, Madison
- Community Relations Manager, The Grand Oshkosh, Oshkosh
- Positions available at Milwaukee Ballet
- Manager – Communications
- Community Engagement Coordinator
- School & Academy Receptionist
- School & Academy Faculty
- School & Academy Accompanist
- Technical Director, Racine Theatre Guild, Racine
- Positions at Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- Positions at Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee
- Assistant General Manager
- Assistant Ticket Office Manager
- Accounting Associate
- Executive Chef
- Wardrobe Supervisor
- Positions at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee
- Positions available at Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, Milwaukee
- Philanthropy Officer – Foundations and Institutional Giving
- Office Manager
- Positions at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Assistant Technical Director, Schauer Arts Center, Hartford
- Business Manager, Center for the Visual Arts, Wausau
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of your message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs.
Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, we won’t know that your listing is out of date. So please, let us know when it’s time to take down the listing.
Chief Marketing Officer, Overture Center for the Arts, Madison, WI (posted 1-26-22)
Click here for info.
Overture Center for the Arts operates under a shared leadership structure rooted in collaborative decision making, communication, and transparency. The Chief Marketing Officer will be a member of a 6-person Executive Leadership Team (ELT) responsible for the vision and strategic direction for the organization. The team includes Chief Artistic Experiences Officer, Chief Development Officer, Chief Equity and Innovation Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operations Officer. The team reports directly to the Board of Directors. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated marketing leader to shape the future of a multi-venue, world class performing arts center working within a collaborate management model.
In the absence of a CEO during the COVID-19 pandemic, the ELT assumed leadership of the Center. In July 2021, the board adopted the shared leadership structure as its operating model. During the pandemic, marketing and communications leadership was split between the Chief Artistic Experiences and Development Officers. Given the current and future opportunities, we know now is the time to add this key position to our leadership team.
The Chief Marketing Officer is a newly appointed position to the ELT. This person will be responsible for marketing, communications and ticket office vision, strategies, leadership and management. The position is responsible for enhancing brand awareness, serving as a spokesperson, and driving a significant portion of earned revenue through subscriptions, group and single ticket sales. The position also serves in organizational-wide leadership strategy, vision and business activities to advance the mission, leading key organizational initiatives as outlined in the strategic plan. The position has direct reports in marketing, digital media, communications and ticket office.
Arts/Industry Foundry Technician, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI (posted 1-24-22)
The Technician will facilitate the technical and physical aspects of artists’ residencies and other Arts/Industry programming needs. The Technician is the direct support of Arts/Industry artists-in-residence through facility, process, and materials instruction at Kohler Co. The Technician meets with the artists-in-residence on a daily basis and guides the technical development of their progress in the studio. Click here for info.
Taliesin Preservation of Spring Green, WI is looking to hire a full-time Events Coordinator to work alongside our Programs Manager to coordinate events at Taliesin. Click here for info. Posted to 2-14-22.
Click here for info.
Events and Marketing Manager, Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts, Menomonie, WI (posted 1-10-22)
Position Description: The Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts in Menomonie, WI is seeking applications for their inaugural Events and Marketing Manager position. This hands on, arts oriented leader will oversee all events scheduled at one of the 15 Most Spectacular Theaters in the World (CNN Travel), including new event development with a highly energetic team of Mabel staff and board members. This social media and graphic design savvy person will aid in the growth and take charge of the promotion of the Mabel well beyond the Chippewa Valley to attract new patrons and clients. This motivated manager will work closely with the Mabel staff team, board, and community partners to continue the tradition of excellence, while developing new and innovative ideas to assist in organizational advancement.
– Experience in planning events, both in-person and virtually
– Examples of social media success, graphic design work, and video creation – submitted with application
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
– Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
– Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects concurrently
– Work independently and as part of a team environment on collaborative efforts
– Knowledge and adherence of branding standards
– Associates/Bachelor’s degree
– Two years’ experience working as an event coordinator, manger, or similar
– Two years’ experience of graphic design work
– Two years’ experience of social media design and development
– Two years’ experience with video creation
- Actively work to schedule and promote corporate events, wedding rentals, and building rentals to existing and new clientele to exceed budgetary goals while building and maintaining relationships by providing high quality customer service.
- Actively integrate the common vision and event scheduling for the Mabel Tainter, in collaboration with community partners as well as the Mabel Tainter staff and volunteers. Evaluate results with the Executive Director regularly and use data to guide future events and programming.
- Assist in scheduling of additional staff and volunteers when necessary for successful event operations (i.e. Extra bartenders, box office coverage, volunteers for events, etc.).
- Responsible for directly line managing, supervising, and motivating staff plus volunteers, ensuring morale is high, team cooperates well and performance is excellent all round.
- Ultimate financial responsibility for income and expenditure as it relates to events. A) Work within the annual budget, B) responsible for overseeing and fully understanding facility rentals portions of said budget, and C) and for prompt and authorized payments into/out of account, according to financial procedures.
- Manage administrative responsibilities of events including contractual agreements, scheduling, timely communication with clients, and billing.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with wedding and event professionals while attending bridal fairs, Chippewa Valley Wedding Professionals, community events, and other events as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Develop working relationships with vendors and clients to manage hospitality needs.
- Communicate with staff to ensure that event and contractual needs are being met, and timely communication and notice is given for special requests (i.e. specific liquor orders and other requests that need to be ordered and delivered).
- Develop new events to fulfill the vision and mission of the Mabel Tainter.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and all Mabel staff to collaborate scheduling of events to ensure a smooth operations and turnaround between events.
- Responsible for set up, execution, and cleanup of events with Mabel staff.
- Responsibility for all digital and print Mabel content including website development and maintenance, social media including, at minimum, Facebook and Instagram accounts, season brochures, playbills, wedding promotions, while exploring and executing new marketing avenues.
- Create new content for website and social media through active and engaging marketing materials such as attention grabbing video, photo, and graphic content.
- Develop strategies for successful and profitable promotions of the Mabel Tainter.
- Develop and maintain a marketing and promotions calendar in collaboration with the Executive Director and marketing and programming committee(s).
- Serve as a member of the marketing and programming committee(s).
- Work with Mabel staff regarding marketing and public relations initiatives to promote programming, education, and historical significance of the Mabel to the community and enhance attendance.
- Collect, organize, and maintain all marketable content as it relates to the Mabel, including historic photos, wedding content, etc.
- Establish collaborative relationships with a diverse population of arts organizations, key organizations in the community, and grow the knowledge of the Mabel to a broader audience beyond the Chippewa Valley.
- Provide monthly reports and updates to the Board of Directors regarding programmatic, event, and marketing goals and achievements.
- Oversee the sale and management of the Mabel Store and its content, including developing new content to aid in the promotion of the Mabel Tainter.
20% Box Office:
- Work as the Box Office Manager during box office scheduled hours including those related to shows and events.
- Work with the Executive Director on scheduling and maintenance of Ovationtix for the timely sale of programs and events.
- Utilize downtime during box office hours on the execution of marketing and events goals and activities.
These responsibilities are subject to change and/or modification and are not intended to be all-encompassing. Other duties may be assigned. Supervision of this position will be overseen by the Executive Director. Primary communications on job duties, projects, and board decisions will come from the Executive Director.
The Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts is a 131-year-old premier arts organization in Western Wisconsin. Consistently ranked as one of the best kept Victorian theaters in the nation, the Mabel Tainter offers a rich, dynamic, and collaborative environment in which to work and grown. As a founding partner in the League of Historic American Theaters, the Mabel puts a strong emphasis on its history, while offering new and innovative ways in which to involve people in the arts. The mission of the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts is to strengthen and connect our community by engaging people in the arts.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and examples of social media success, graphic design work, and video creation to email@example.com. To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted by February 11th, 2022. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled. Salary range is $38,000 – $45,000.
Questions regarding this position or recruitments, please contact Lucas Chase, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-308-7412.
Communications Coordinator, Grand Theater (Performing Arts Foundation), Wausau, WI (posted 1-10-22)
Purpose: The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Marketing to enhance audience outreach, support institutional visibility, and create compelling internal and external marketing materials. The incumbent plays a significant role in supporting The Grand Theater’s revenue goals through effective promotional campaigns, events, and other activities. The ideal candidate brings energy and a passion for arts and entertainment, the ability to deliver projects quickly when necessary and the skills needed to maintain the many different assets and schedules necessary to promote an exciting venue that showcases local, national and international performing artists.
Graphic Design & Video Production: Under direction of the Director of Marketing and Director of Development & Community Engagement, produces and designs:
- All print communications including, but not limited to: Season Brochure, Student Brochure, Sponsorship Brochure, newsletters, print advertisements, show programs, various sales pieces, venue signage, and billboards, and fund drive solicitation materials.
- Fund Drive solicitation materials, including the annual report and reasons to give videos. • Institutional and show related videos for use across multiple platforms.
- Digital projects, including custom images for website, social media, and digital signs. • Ensures the organization stays abreast of new industry trends and technology.
Under direction of the Director of Marketing create, writes and helps manage:
- The Grand Theater’s social media platforms and website.
- Email marketing timeline and strategy that promotes and engages patrons of The Grand Theater. • Promotional resources from artists, agents, promoters, etc. for show promotion. • Copy for brochures, newsletters, programs, website, and more.
- A digital strategy for The Grand Theater social media outlets and website.
- Press releases, letters, and other corporate projects including grants and sponsorship proposals.
Marketing & Development Support
Supports strategies and projects that broaden the organization’s impact and achieve revenue goals from ticket sales and donor support:
- Coordinates show announcements, on-sale efforts and ongoing show promotion. • Assists in the creation and setup of special events and outreach activities.
- Assists in the development and execution of sales campaigns for shows.
- Helps secure ad sales for the annual season program.
- Provides administrative support to manage marketing and communications assets, materials, files, records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the position:
- Four-year degree or technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in producing print, digital and audio/video projects.
- Accuracy, ability to meet deadlines and work quickly.
- Experience with website design and maintenance, Facebook, and other social media. • Must provide writing and design samples with resume and cover letter.
- Passion for the arts, an eye for design, and understanding of the Grand Theater’s brand. • Copywriting, editing, and proofing skills are necessary; ability to effectively communicate the mission and brand of The Grand Theater.
- Ability to work consistent office hours, plus additional evening and weekend hours based on the schedule of shows.
- Ability to communicate professionally with the public, vendors, and artist management companies.
Position Compensation: Full-time hourly position, salary range of $41,500-$48,500, plus generous health insurance benefits, paid vacation, personal, and sick time.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, writing and design samples to email@example.com, or mail to The Grand Theater – 401 Fourth St., Wausau, WI 54403.
The Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., (The Grand Theater) established in 1972, is a multi disciplinary, comprehensive, community supported arts agency classified 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. The PAF’s mission is to ENTERTAIN, EDUCATE and ENRICH the community by offering world class programming, which develops a lifelong appreciation for thearts in its citizens and enhances the quality of life in the region.
Patron Services Manager, Children’s Theatre of Madison, Madison, WI (posted 1-10-22)
The Patron Services Manager will oversee all patron interactions for Children’s Theater of Madison, a TYA (Theater for Young Audiences) non-profit organization. This position leads the management of the Front of House (FOH), box office, and volunteer staff. It also supports the vision of the operations and artistic teams by providing a positive and welcoming environment and leads with equity to ensure all audiences experience the joy of theater.
The Patron Services Manager will work closely with the Operations Director to implement strategic patron service initiatives such as recruiting and training volunteers for CTM events, manage the schedules of ushers and box office staff, and coordinate with the Education Manager to provide front of house operations for all school shows.
This full-time position requires some evening and weekend shifts and will be located at CTM’s home at the new Madison Youth Arts Center (MYArts).
EQUITY AND ANTI-RACISM WORK
Every CTM employee is engaged in our mission of ongoing equity and anti-racism work. To truly serve all patrons, it is required that the Patron Services Manager engages with equity work at CTM and applies that learning to all Patron Services initiatives.
CTM INCLUSION STATEMENT
For a full description of our organization’s Inclusion Statement, click HERE
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience leading a team in a customer service environment with an energetic and positive communication style as demonstrated through past or current professional/volunteer experience. Ticketing experience a plus, but not required
- Experience working with a diverse group of people and ability to cultivate inclusive relationships through clear and courteous communication methods
- Embraces technology; fully capable of working in and troubleshooting across multiple software and hardware systems; ticketing CRM experience a plus
- Has a great aptitude for problem-solving
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Click here to read full job description on our Work With Us page
BOX OFFICE/FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGEMENT
- Lead Patron Services team and front of house management of all ticketed events (Public shows, events, and school matinees)
- Work with Operations Director to maintain technical management of ticketing software (Tessitura), ticket policies, analytics, and seasonal ticket sale programs
- Work with Leadership Team to design and implement a Front of House process that centers around a positive and inclusive patron experience
- Work with CTM staff to create, implement, and oversee volunteer program
- Build schedules of volunteer projects throughout the organization
- Schedule, train and communicate with volunteers about shifts and coverage, as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Variable work schedule, including some evenings and weekends (especially during run of events). This role will have on-site work requirements, but work-from-home options are available. Work sites include Madison Youth Arts Center (MYArts) and Overture Center; drivers license preferred.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated; CTM follows the current Dane County mask mandate and Covid-19 protocols
- Physical accommodations are possible for applicants with limited mobility if unable to lift or push up to 35lbs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, salaried position, $36,000-$41,000 annually. Full-time benefits include employer-paid medical and dental insurance, retirement saving options, paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal leave.
Please submit your resume and a written or recorded statement to Amy Montoya at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your statement, please speak to what excites you about taking on this role, as well as how you incorporate equity, diversity, and inclusion. Include how those values will support this role and the ways your experience can contribute to the team.
Executive Director, Bartell Theatre, Madison, WI (posted 1-10-22)
Click here for info. Posted to 4-1-22.
Marketing and Communications Manager, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee, WI (posted 1-10-22)
Click here for info. Posted to 1-31-22.
Marketing & Group Sales Associate, Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee, WI (posted 12-27-21)
DESCRIPTION: The Marketing & Group Sales Associate is an integral part of the marketing department. Duties include implementing efforts to increase engagement among existing audiences, cultivating new audiences, and increasing and managing group sales.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
⦁ Manage and create email marketing campaigns.
⦁ Manage an active social media presence, including Facebook and other platforms.
⦁ Develop and execute a strategic group sales program.
⦁ Collaborate with marketing team to identify, reach out and cultivate new audiences.
⦁ Work closely with the marketing team on promotional campaigns, box office strategies and other efforts to increase ticket sales.
⦁ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
⦁ Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
⦁ Organized, detail-oriented and creative
⦁ Sales and customer service experience a major plus.
⦁ Excellent people skills, a sense of humor, energy and drive
⦁ Experience dealing with a wide variety of people in various situations in a polite yet direct fashion.
⦁ Applicable experience in marketing, public relations, performing arts/non-profit administration, or sales
Salary: Dependent on experience
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
To apply, email a cover letter with resume to:
Susan Heymann, Director of Marketing & Communications
Skylight Music Theatre
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
SKYLIGHT MUSIC THEATRE: Founded in 1959, Skylight is Milwaukee’s professional Equity music theatre company and the largest employer of Wisconsin actors in the state. Skylight produces the full spectrum of music theatre ranging from blockbuster Broadway musicals to reimagined operas, and from exciting world premieres to contemporary off-Broadway hits. Skylight’s mainstage home is the Cabot Theatre in the Broadway Theatre Center, which was built by Skylight in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward in 1992. Considered to be one of Milwaukee’s most beautiful theatres, the Cabot Theatre is based on the design of an 18th-century French opera house. Skylight Music Theatre marks its 62nd season in 2021-2022. Skylight Music Theatre is a proud Cornerstone Member of the United Performing Arts Fund.
Technical Director, Third Avenue PlayWorks, Sturgeon Bay, WI (posted 12-2-21)
Third Avenue PlayWorks seeks a full-time technical director (TD) to help us build our future in our newly-renovated facility. The TD manages and implements all technical aspects of productions for TAP’s season of professional productions and must be able to work with a great deal of independence and exercise independent judgment in performing a wide variety of duties.
Candidates must have at least two years full-time technical theatre work (equivalent as a freelancer) with excellent technical skills and a commitment to workplace safety. Duties include:
● Supervises and manages the construction, realization, and strike of all sets;
● Works with designers to analyze cost, safety and practicality of designs;
● Maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities;
● Ensures that the scene shop and theatre remain safe workplaces;
● Supervise contract positions, including master electricians, sound technicians, etc;
● Hire, and supervise overhire technicians and artists;
● Maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies;
● Attends Tech Week rehearsals to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the mounting the show;
● May also be called upon for coordination and technical assistance for other events throughout the year;
● Makes recommendations to theatre leadership regarding capital purchases of technical equipment;
● Makes recommendations to theatre leadership regarding technical staffing needs and participates in candidate selection and hiring.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
1. Strong project management skills, experience delivering complex projects efficiently, on-time, and on budget;
2. Feels strongly about technical direction as a leadership role and as a model of collaboration, positive communication, and inclusive behavior;
3. Adept carpentry skills, experience with rigging and welding is a plus;
4. A commitment to (and ability to evaluate) safety in all aspects of construction and shop operation;
5. Effective management of interns and volunteers with different levels of experience and backgrounds assigned to technical duties;
6. A commitment to collaboration and the organization’s values, which include a dedicated focus on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility (employees are expected to engage in professional training related to the organization’s anti-racism commitments);
7. Comfort with physical demands that include frequent heavy lifting, kneeling, bending over, and working at height (on scaffolds, ladders, and in lifts).
A working knowledge of the following software is necessary: AutoCAD or Vectorworks, Google Suite.
Familiarity with lighting and sound systems and equipment is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
BA in technical theatre or equivalent work experience in a related field is a plus.
Salary range: $40,000-$45,000/year
Anticipated start date: January 2022
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com.
Located in historic downtown Sturgeon Bay in beautiful Door County, WI, TAP presents riveting performances of comedies, dramas, and musicals. TAP recently completed a $2.9 million renovation of its facility and the new 124-seat theatre brings audiences face-to-face with powerful stories by creating the most intimate theatrical experience possible. With its ever-growing reputation, varied educational opportunities, and its long-standing presence in the community, TAP is an integral part of Door County’s vibrant arts scene.
Operations Manager, Circus World, Baraboo, WI (posted 11-22-21)
Under the general supervision and working closely with the Director of Circus World, the Operations Manager will coordinate and manage the overall operations of museum. It serves as Circus World’s expert on day to day operations, ensuring they are handled efficiently and completely.
The incumbent will create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with local partners, especially in underserved communities. The incumbent researches, develops, disseminates, and evaluates the effectiveness of day to day operational needs, staffing, budgeting, forecasting, groups, tours, facilities, and other programs aimed at achieving the best in guest experience. Responsible for supervision of staff responsible for facilities and operation support. Incumbent provides direction to Circus World staff on operations, contributes to strategic planning for Circus World, supports development efforts of the Circus World Museum Foundation, and advocates for Circus World with key stakeholders and the media. Click here for full info.
Executive Director, Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee, WI (posted 11-3-21)
Click here for info.
Box Office Manager, Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua, Bayfield, WI (posted 11-3-21)
Full-time. year round. Click here for details.
Community Relations Manager, The Grand Oshkosh, Oshkosh, WI (posted 10-6-21)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for managing the overall brand and message for The Grand Oshkosh, as well as increasing its profile in the community through performing arts experiences, arts education, and outreach programs. With guidance from the Director, this position will implement marketing strategies and coordinate outreach programs in accordance with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance and consistency of The Grand’s brand and identity.
- Manage initiatives that raise the profile of The Grand, including community partnerships and outreach programs.
- Develop the organization’s marketing budget and plan.
- Oversee the creation and publication of all marketing materials and communications in line with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Maintain The Grand Oshkosh website.
- Implement social media plan and maintain all social media postings (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities and implement promotional campaigns.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Develop relationships with all media to ensure effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Attend events, media interviews, etc. to advocate for and raise awareness of The Grand Oshkosh and its programs.
- Assist in the coordination of community outreach and educational programs.
- Identify partnership opportunities in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. On the job experience in a dedicated marketing and/or communications role preferred.
- Experience in non-profit and/or cultural sector preferred.
- Computer skills, data management, word processing and desktop publishing experience required.
- Experience interpreting Google Analytics and using insights and outcomes preferred.
- Ability to build constituency and work collaboratively.
- Ability to drive ambitious timelines, establish deadlines, and meet them.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A sharp eye for detail, including copy editing and art direction.
- Strong content creation skills with an emphasis on social media marketing.
- Ability to learn new programs to create videos and manage digital signage including the Electronic Message Center.
- Familiarity working with Google Suite, Canva, and Microsoft Office preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Joomla, and ticketing or donor software a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule at times.
ABOUT THE GRAND OSHKOSH: The Grand Oshkosh (TGO) operates the historic Grand Opera House (built 1883) as a not-forprofit performing arts center. It is a regional arts center that serves Oshkosh, the Fox Valley, and Northeast Wisconsin. The 100 or so events presented in any given year include national touring artists, arts-in-education programming, local and regional arts partner events; highschool theatre events; artist outreach into the community; public gatherings; weddings, and business meetings. Since the 1986 restoration, TGO has implemented four major capital improvements to the facility – the creation of The Grand Lounge support facility, the creation of premium seating (“Suite Seats”), a $2.1 million project to repair defective roof trusses and restore the decorative ceiling, and, most recently, installation of a new marquee, blade sign, and electronic message center.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience; full benefits package offered.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: Joseph Ferlo, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write: Community Relations Manager in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
The Grand Oshkosh is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER committed to providing a nondiscriminatory and inclusive environment for its employees. EOE/AA/Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. The Grand Oshkosh is a pet-friendly and family-forward organization that promotes a healthy work-life balance for all staff. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check. For more information about The Grand Oshkosh, please visit www.thegrandoshkosh.org.
Positions open at Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee, WI (posted 12-21-21)
- Manager – Communications
- Community Engagement Coordinator
- School & Academy Receptionist – View Description | Apply Now
- School & Academy Faculty – View Description (scroll down)
- School & Academy Accompanist – View Description (scroll down)
Technical Director, Racine Theatre Guild, Racine, WI (posted 9-21-21)
Click here for info.
Program Manager, Donna Lexa Art Centers, Waukesha, WI (posted 9-3-21)
Click here for info.
Positions at Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee
- ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- ASSISTANT TICKET OFFICE MANAGER – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE – Full-Time, Annual, Exempt More information (pdf)
- EXECUTIVE CHEF – Full-Time, Seasonal, Exempt More information (pdf)
- WARDROBE SUPERVISOR – Full-Time, Seasonal, Exempt
More information (pdf)
Positions available at the Overture Center for the Performing Arts, Madison (posted since 8-4-21)
- Command Center Security Officer
- LTE Programming Assistant
- Lullaby Teaching Artist
- Security Officer
- Custodial Worker 1
- Building Cleaner
- Maintenance Associate
- Staff Accountant
- Ticket Office Performance Manager
- Director of Equity and Innovation
More info on Overture’s employment page: http://www.overture.org/lovewhatyoudo.
Positions available at the Marcus Performing Arts Center, Milwaukee, WI (posted since 7-15-21)
Click here for full info on available positions. Established in 1969, the Marcus Performing Arts Center (Marcus Center) is the premier performing arts community gathering space in Southeastern Wisconsin. As a Milwaukee County-owned facility (managed and operated by the Marcus Performing Arts Center nonprofit organization), the Marcus Center’s mission is to act as an energizing force that connects the community to the world through collaboration, innovation, social engagement, and the transformative power of live performing arts. The Marcus Center is home to the Milwaukee Ballet, The Florentine Opera, First Stage, and Black Arts MKE and is also a dedicated veterans memorial in Milwaukee. Available positions include:
Internships, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Arts Wisconsin is seeking interns for fall and winter 2021-2022, to work on advocacy and policy, programming, promotion, and all sorts of interesting service and development issues related to the growth of Wisconsin’s creative sector. This can be a mostly virtual experience for a motivated self-starter. Contact Arts Wisconsin at email@example.com with a resume.
Other creative sector job resources
- The Art Career Project: explore hundreds of career profiles and learn more about what it takes to build long-term careers within today’s top creative industries.
- Jobs that Help – nonprofit opportunities in Wisconsin
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center – national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising