The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first:
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee
- Development Assistant, American Players Theatre, Spring Green
- Event Services Assistant, Schauer Arts and Activities Center, Inc., Hartford
- Community Engagement/Grants Manager, Janesville Performing Arts Center, Janesville
- Positions at the Al. Ringling Theatre, Baraboo: Business Manager and Promoter
- Development and Communications Manager, Bayview Foundation, Madison
- Positions with Madison Opera: Marketing Manager and Patron Services Manager
- Positions available with Satiated Artists
- Positions at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, Brookfield
- Positions at the Florentine Opera, Milwaukee: Annual Campaign Manager and Production Manager
- Grants Program Manager, Artists Working in Education, Milwaukee
- Development Assistant/Event Coordinator, Mosaic Arts, Inc., Green Bay
- Positions at Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee: Director of Marketing and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Program Coordinator, Taliesin Preservation Programs, Spring Green
- Positions at the Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- Development Coordinator
- Marketing Associate
- Manager, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie
- Theater Technician, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
- To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of the message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs. Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, your listing just stays up on the site forever…
Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee, WI (posted 6-24-19)
Imagine MKE is a new nonprofit organization in Milwaukee whose mission is to unite a diverse
coalition to both advance a thriving arts and culture sector and the sector’s contributions to the
cultural, social, and economic vitality of Milwaukee. Our vision is an inclusive, engaged, and
inspired Milwaukee that is recognized as a world-class city for creating and experiencing arts
More than 100 diverse artists, arts and culture leaders, and community leaders created Imagine
MKE to serve as a hub, organizer, and advocate for the arts and culture sector in Milwaukee.
The effort is a collective that is pursuing a common agenda with four Strategy Groups working
toward measurable results behind the following strategies:(1) Making Milwaukee a great place for artists to live and work;
(2) Lifting up and supporting arts and culture in our diverse neighborhoods;
(3) Advancing public policy to better support our diverse arts and culture sector; and
(4) Building both Milwaukee’s brand as an arts and culture destination and public support
in our region for arts and culture.
This is not just an organization, but a network of individuals and groups working together to
move a common agenda and results. Imagine MKE’s work has been guided by seven core
values: creativity and artistic expression, collective impact, results-based accountability, equity,
inclusive engagement, transparency, and continuous learning.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Position Summary: Imagine MKE is seeking an experienced professional with a background in marketing and public
relations and skilled in inclusive facilitation and project management. The Director will be
responsible both for Imagine MKE’s marketing and public relations, and for working with the
Marketing and Public Relations Strategy Group to move its results for the sector.
Essential duties include:
1. Manage Marketing and Public Relations for Imagine MKE
• Work with CEO to plan marketing and public relations strategies for Imagine MKE, and
implement strategies through engagement of volunteers from the network and vendors;
• Manage Imagine MKE website and social media content;
• Serve as communications and PR liaison for Imagine MKE’s DNC work
2. Develop and Implement Strategies
• Develop with the Marketing and Public Relations Strategy Group an annual workplan
with clear action steps and performance measures to advance the group’s overall
strategies and results;
• Work with the CEO and board to gain approval of annual workplan;
• Research and curate information needed for the Strategy Group, including best
practices from other cities, to develop, implement, and measure its agenda;
• Facilitate and manage individual Strategy Group members, and support collaboration
among them to implement workplan;
• Measure progress toward Strategy Group performance measures, and use that
information to support learning and improvement of strategies and actions;
• Support Strategy Group members and hold them accountable for action commitments
to advance the collective work.
3. Develop Marketing and Public Relations Strategy Group
• Ensure the Neighborhood Partnerships Strategy Group maintains consistent and diverse
• Recruit new members to broaden and diversify engagement and fill identified gaps;
• Follow up with individuals who have missed meetings or commitments to help them reengage or step back.
4. Facilitate Marketing and Public Relations Strategy Group meetings
• Work with co-chairs to develop meeting results agenda, prepare materials for meetings,
facilitate meetings to meet results, and name action commitments;
• Build and maintain a meeting culture guided by Imagine MKE values and the Strategy
Group’s groundrules to advance collaboration and results;
• Follow up on all action commitments from the meetings.
5. Build internal and external support for the Strategy Group’s agenda:
• Work with staff team to identify other opportunities where the Marketing and Public
Relations Strategy group can support other strategy groups to advance our agenda;
• Communicate transparently and regularly to all Strategy Group members;
• Oversee communication to the broader Imagine MKE network and external audiences
to inform and advance Strategy Group agenda;
• Publicly celebrate Strategy Group member contributions and accomplishments.
• Work with CEO and co-chairs to advance policy and systems change work necessary to
move common agenda;
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES: Imagine MKE seeks a marketing and public relations professional with skills in facilitation and
project management; shares our values; and exhibits the following qualities:
• Arts Champion: Passionate champion for arts and culture, and the role they can play in
benefitting the community socially and economically;
• Facilitator: Intentionally and transparently facilitates groups to collaborate inclusively,
resolve differences, and commit to actions that advance results;
• Results-based: Establishes clear, measurable results for strategies, activities, and
meetings, and holds self and others accountable for meeting them;
• Committed to Racial Equity: Ensure that disparities in access, participation, and
support are intentionally dismantled and never reinforced;
• Continuous Learner: Transparent about individual and team learning, admits mistakes,
and uses learning to adapt and improve the work;
• Relationship Builder: Listens well to understand people’s motivations and interests,
and engages individuals and groups in ways that motivate their participation;
• Communicator: Excellent written and oral communicator.
QUALIFICATIONS include several years of communications management, a bachelor’s degrees,
at least two years of marketing or public relations experience, excellent communication skills,
knowledge of and work within the arts and culture sector desirable.
This position is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range is $55,000-$65,000 depending on
experience. If you’re interested in applying, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, references and
salary requirements to David Lee, CEO, Imagine MKE (DavidLee@imaginemke.org). Imagine MKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive organization. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color,
LGBTQ people, and members of other historically under-represented groups.
Position Summary: Assists and backs up the Event Services Coordinator for non-theater usage of the Schauer Center facilities. The Event Services Dept. is responsible for the oversight and management of all social and business-related facility usage and for concessions (including alcoholic beverage service) operations for both theater and non-theater events. This position works closely with the Event Services Coordinator and rental clients in their planning and execution of events, while providing excellent customer service and working as an ambassador of the Schauer Center.
Responsibilities include assisting the Event Services Coordinator in scheduling and giving tours to assess needs of clients, establishing rental contracts, event planning with clients, coordinating technical needs and serving as on-site staff representative during events. It also includes acting as lead bartender (as assigned), assisting in concession inventory management and preparing reports. A professional, cooperative relationship with Schauer Center staff and rental clients is essential.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with a combination of weekday office hours and event-related evening and weekend hours. The schedule will vary week to week. Must obtain a valid City of Hartford bartending license and renew annually. Previous experience in hospitality, event planning or bar management preferred.
To apply send cover letter and resume by mail to Schauer Arts Center/HR, 147 N Rural Street, Hartford, WI 53027, or email to email@example.com.
Development Assistant, American Players Theatre, Spring Green, WI (posted 6-22-19)
American Players Theatre is searching for an organized and detail-oriented Development Assistant to join its five-person development staff. The development assistant will manage the donor database, coordinate mailings, coordinate grant and sponsorship fulfillment, coordinate events, assist donors, and provide support for the other members of the department.
APT is an equal opportunity employer, values equity and inclusion, and prioritizes representation and diversity. People of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
APT is a professional, classical theater company located near Spring Green, WI, 40 miles west of Madison. Now in its 40th year, the theater produces nine productions each season, welcoming over 110,000 patrons at its two performance venues, the 1100-seat outdoor amphitheater and the 200-seat indoor Touchstone Theatre. APT’s annual operations budget is $6.7 million, and about 25% of the budget comes from contributed income.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain APT’s donor database. Run lists and generate reports, review daily deposits making sure gifts have been entered accurately and acknowledgement letters are sent promptly.
• Coordinate appeal mailings and maintain the mailing calendar.
• Facilitate communication within the development staff, including taking and distributing department meeting notes.
• Coordinate donor benefits with the box office staff and other departments.
• Assist development staff in grant application support and fulfillment.
• Coordinate sponsorship fulfillment for donors.
• Manage monthly donation and pledge payment process
• Provide support to the Managing Director and Director of Communications, including communication with APT’s Board of Directors and the APT Foundation.
• Assist in coordination of donor cultivation and recognition events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Qualities:
• Computer Skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required, database management experience is preferred
• Customer Service: Friendly and approachable with the confidence to meet donors’ needs
• Flexibility: Able to take direction/fulfill requests from a number of people
• Sensitivity: Demonstrate discretion in handling confidential information
• Oral and written communication: Strong skills in writing and proofreading
• Organization and Project Management: Detail oriented and multi-tasking, able to prioritize assignments and tasks
• Schedule: Must be able to work some evenings and weekends, especially during APT’s season
• Collaboration: The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, both within the development department and within the organization.
For more information about American Players Theatre, visit www.americanplayers.org.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits and the expected salary range is $34,000 – $36,000, based on experience.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to: Sara Young, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by July 7, 2019. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Community Engagement/Grants Manager, Janesville Performing Arts Center, Janesville, WI (posted 6-19-19)
The Community Engagement/Grants Manager at the Janesville Performing Arts Center is an hourly Part-Time position designated to assist the PAC with development tasks such as grant writing and fundraising.
Primary tasks will include-
- Managing the JPAC Grant Calendar. This includes writing, submitting and reporting
- Working with Executive Director on research of new granting and fundraising opportunities
- Assisting Education/Outreach Director with quarterly fundraising events
- Coming up with new ideas for the Center to raise money or bring in earned revenue during the year.
They also will assist the Education/Outreach Director and Operations/Marketing Director during the week with miscellaneous tasks including, but not limited to, the following-
- Answering phones and selling tickets from the box office during box office hours
- Poster and print marketing distribution for events
- Assistance with bulk mailers for events and fundraisers
- Assistance with setting up the space for weekend events
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience writing grants. Preferred experience is with organizations focused in the arts, but not necessary.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, great communicator, punctual, professional and be able to have a sense of humor when working with a small, but impactful team of Directors.
- Candidate must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
SALARY: HOURLY Depends on Experience – 20-30 hours per week
The Community Engagement Manager must be willing to work at the PAC from 9am-5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and 9am-1pm on Friday. Additional hours may be given by Executive Director depending on workload and budget. This may include weekends and/or holidays.
Interested applicants must submit resume and 3 references to email@example.com by July 30th, 2019. Please also list desired hourly wage. If candidate currently writes grants for another organization(s), it must be disclosed to the PAC before hiring. The PAC will consider allowing this position to independently write grants for other local non-profits if the Executive Director determines other organizations are not a conflict of interest to the Center.
Deadline to apply is June 21, 2019.
Development and Communications Manager, Bayview Foundation, Madison, WI (posted 6-19-19)
Click here for info. Preference will be given to applicants received by June 30, 2019.
- Marketing Manager
- Patron Services Manager
Click here for info. Preference will be given to applicants received by June 30, 2019
Positions available with Satiated Artists, nationwide
Are you a US based artist in search of a remote position with a flexible schedule that allows you to pursue your art and make a living? Satiated Artists is always seeking objective oriented creatives who relish in problem solving to join our team of Assistants and Project Managers. Click here for info.
- Annual Campaign Manager
- Production Manager
Grants Program Manager, Artists Working in Education, Milwaukee, WI (posted 3-27-19)
Click here for info.
Development Assistant/Event Coordinator, Mosaic Arts, Inc., Green Bay, WI (posted 3-22-19)
Mosaic Arts is seeking a full-time Development Assistant /Special Events Coordinator to coordinate special events and provide administrative assistance in support of the organization’s development goals.
- Help manage event planning, set-up, operations, completion and follow-up.
- Assist with overseeing all event activities including entertainment stages, food and beverage operations, exhibitors, children’s activities, etc.
- Work closely with event committee to implement event activities necessary to meet earned and contributed income goals.
- Propose new ideas to improve planning and implementation process.
- Oversee volunteer program including recruitment, scheduling, training and management.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of event contracts and ensure that all subcontractors and participants have all necessary insurance requirements and certificates.
- Provide highest level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders, donors and volunteers in order to strengthen and build organization relationships.
- Provide administrative support such as creating event documents, compiling event and meeting materials, creating and maintaining event binders and files and organizing event inventory.
- Assist in the coordination, planning and management of event logistics.
Marketing, Communications and Administrative Duties
- Update website on weekly basis (or as needed).
- Assist with the creation of the weekly e-newsletter using Constant Contact.
- Help grow social media presence including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Maintain, update and create all databases and mailing lists including donor, member, volunteer, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum two years event coordination experience preferred.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital marketing is required.
- Proficiency in MS office especially Word and Excel, experience with Adobe, Constant Contact.
- Ability to efficiently organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to coordinate with colleagues and committee members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; finely developed interpersonal skills.
- Highly energetic and self-motivated, ability to work as an individual or a team.
- Comfortable working in a small office environment.
- Wage: DOE, non-exempt
- Position is full-time (average 40 hours/week); ability to work flexible hours; occasional evenings and weekends as needed but mandatory for event weekends such as Artigras and Art Street.
Position will remain open until filled. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinator, Taliesin Preservation Programs, Spring Green, WI (posted 2-15-19)
Assisting in the various planning, executing and managing of cultural, educational and arts programming as well as special events at Taliesin. Click here for information.
Manager, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie, WI (posted 1-7-19)
Click here for full info.
Theater Technician, Sun Prairie Schools, Sun Prairie, WI (posted 1-10-19)
To serve as the primary technical liaison for the successful production of all events scheduled in the performing arts facilities, which includes serving as the resident authority on the use and operation of performance systems, including lighting, rigging, sound, video, and staging. Apply at WECAN, Vacancy ID: 50100. Click here for full position description.
Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Now accepting applications for fall and winter 2019
Arts Wisconsin is an independent statewide organization with the mission to serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich communities as the voice for the arts. Arts Wisconsin advances the creative economy, integrates the arts and creativity in education, educates entrepreneurs and activists, and engages policy-makers and the public as a catalyst and convener for dialogue, information, and action.Arts Wisconsin is currently seeking creative, self-motivated communication, engagement and social media interns with strong writing, interviewing, and journalism skills as well as experience with social media, design, and marketing. Intern responsibilities include working on the organization’s communication plan, overseeing the writing and editing of the News from Arts Wisconsin monthly e-newsletter, coordinating social media platforms, and assisting with research projects, website maintenance, and fundraising and outreach/engagement programs. The ideal intern has an interest in the arts, arts education, politics and civic issues, community engagement, and cultural and creative development.
We are particularly interested in students with film/video expertise and interest to assist in the development and production of promotional and educational videos. Skills in graphic design and visual promotion are an added plus. This is an unpaid internship. We offer a meaningful, challenging, and interesting experience and a flexible schedule, and are amenable to a wide range of interests and talents. To apply, please send a resume to Anne Katz, Executive Director, email@example.com.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)
- Creative Alliance Milwaukee! – creative industry job opportunities in the Milwaukee region
- Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee’s Jobs that Serve
- NE Wisconsin Arts Association Jobs Board
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin Arts Board’s Opportunities in the Arts
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center
national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising
- ArtJob Online
ArtJob Online is a Web-based resource for employment and opportunities in the arts throughout the U.S. This searchable Web site includes full- and part-time positions, internships, grants, fellowships, and calls for entries.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)