The latest Wisconsin ArtsJobs, most recent posted first:
- Program Director, Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras (WYSO) Music Makers, Madison
- Positions at the Overture Center for the Arts, Madison
- Development Coordinator
- Marketing Associate
- Director of Public Programs and Exhibitions, Peninsula School of Art, Fish Creek
- Positions at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, Brookfield
- Vice President-Development & Finance
- Annual Fund, Grant, & Foundation Manager
- Education Coordinator
- Program Manager, Folklore Village, Dodgeville
- Neighborhood Liaison, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee
- Executive Director, La Crosse Symphony Orchestra, La Crosse
- Production Manager, Third Avenue Playhouse, Sturgeon Bay
- Administrative Assistant for Dane Arts and Dane County, Madison
- Manager, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie
- Theater Technician, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie
- Executive Director, Trueblood Performing Arts Center, Washington Island
- Director of Development, Artstart, Rhinelander
- Executive Director, Wausau Conservatory of Music, Wausau
- Marketing Manager, In Tandem Theatre, Milwaukee
- Chief Executive Officer, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee
- Marketing Manger-Director’s Assistant, Land o’Lakes Artisans, Land o’Lakes
- Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison
- Other ArtsJobs resources
- To post an announcement on Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsJobs site, send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s easiest and preferable to give us a website link to the job description, but if you send text, please send it in the body of the message or as an attached Word document. We can’t post .pdfs. Please note that we really appreciate your including a date by which the announcement should be removed from the website, or, telling us when you’ve filled the position so we can delete the post from this site. Otherwise, your listing just stays up on the site forever…
Assisting in the various planning, executing and managing of all of our cultural, educational and arts programming as well as special events at Taliesin. Click here for information.
Program Director, Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras (WYSO) Music Makers, Madison, WI (posted 2-15-19)
Click here for information. Posted to 3-15-19.
Positions at the Overture Center for the Arts, Madison, WI (posted 2-11-19)
Director of Public Programs and Exhibitions, Peninsula School of Art, Fish Creek (posted 2-4-19)
Click here for info. Preference given to applications received prior to March 15. Position is open until filled.
Program Manager, Folklore Village, Dodgeville, WI (posted 1-29-19)
Click here for full info. Posted to 2-22-19.
Neighborhood Liaison, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee, WI (posted 1-26-19)
Imagine MKE is a new nonprofit organization in Milwaukee whose mission is to unite diverse artists and arts and culture groups to strengthen their ability to thrive and contribute to an inclusive, engaged, and inspired Milwaukee. Imagine MKE will serve as the hub for Milwaukee’s arts and culture sector, coordinating and advancing the sector to benefit the community by: (a) lifting up and promoting Milwaukee’s
diverse arts and culture scene; (b) supporting diverse artists to access more economic opportunity through their creative expression; (c) partnering with neighborhood groups and local initiatives to achieve greater cultural, social, educational, and economic impacts; and (d) building greater public will, public engagement, and public support for arts and culture in Milwaukee. The success of this initiative will increase national recognition, local audiences, and financial support for our diverse arts and culture sector, and also importantly increase social and economic benefits for our city.
More than 100 diverse artists and leaders from arts groups, neighborhoods, business, and philanthropy designed Imagine MKE’s strategic agenda.
As part of the strategic agenda, Imagine MKE will partner with the Wisconsin Black Historical Society in the Amani neighborhood to launch a neighborhood arts and culture pilot project that engages residents in creation and amplification of arts and culture in the Amani neighborhood. Imagine MKE is seeking a neighborhood liaison to support the Imagine MKE Neighborhood Pilot Program in the Amani Neighborhood.
The Liaison will report to the Director of Outreach at Imagine MKE (and the CEO when that person is hired). The Liaison will be located at the WBHS and will be supported by WBHS, the Imagine MKE staff, and the Neighborhoods Workgroup of Imagine MKE in fulfilling their duties and achieving their objectives. Duties include:
1. Develop workplan within three months to support projects and partnerships that meet our objectives based on conversations with artists, local residents, and neighborhood
• Identify neighborhood artists and opportunities for engagement;
• Inventory and document arts and culture assets within the neighborhood;
• Identify potential partnership opportunities with schools, nonprofits, businesses;
• Identify resident ideas for neighborhood arts and culture projects (visual or
performing arts), and residents who want to partner in organizing them.
2. Engage Imagine MKE Arts Organizations
• Based on assessment and workplan, identify opportunities for partnership
between Imagine MKE members and neighborhood groups and projects as
needed or useful;
• Identify opportunities to promote neighborhood arts and culture assets and
events through Imagine MKE networks.
3. Art Project Engagement & Design Process:
• Orient and educate residents and local leaders on the types of art projects and
engagement that could be helpful to the community, and encourage bold thinking
about what is possible (ideally create toolkit of types and examples of projects
across mediums such as music, spoken word, visual arts, film, dance, etc)
• Facilitate residents, artists, and other partners to design and implement projects
identified by workplan;
• Work with WBHS and Imagine MKE to resolve conflicts when different groups
hold different views and interests in neighborhoods, seeking to find the “both
and” solutions around shared interests;
• Work with Imagine MKE to identify and secure resources necessary to implement
• Create linkages between and among neighborhoods, connect neighborhood
efforts to the broader community, and link the neighborhood to existing arts
opportunities across the city.
4. Sustainability, Documentation, and Evaluation
• Develop plan with neighborhood and Imagine MKE for sustaining the work in
neighborhood beyond the 12 months including engagement of people who’ve led
• Work with staff and workgroup to document processes, lessons learned, and
templates for other communities;
• Work with staff and workgroup to design and administer surveys of residents and
partners to assess value of experience;
• Share lessons with future neighborhoods.
Imagine MKE seeks a neighborhood liaison with the following skills and qualities:
• Experience and skills in outreach and engagement;
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn asset-based approaches;
• Facilitation skills;
• Experience with arts and culture/artists;
• Communication skills;
• Project management skills;
• Positive energy;
• Resident or connections to the Amani neighborhood preferred
This project will last twelve months, with opportunity for continuation in other neighborhoods.
This position is a full-time position with benefits. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com. The deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019.
Imagine MKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive organization. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and members of other historically under-represented groups.
Executive Director, La Crosse Symphony Orchestra, La Crosse, WI (posted 1-25-19)
Click here for full information.
Production Manager, Third Avenue Playhouse, Sturgeon Bay, WI (posted 1-12-19)
Duties include stage managing all productions, running light board and sound for all performances, sound design for all shows, assisting in set and prop construction, supervising summer interns, and other duties as assigned. Must have experience in using power tools. Must be physically able to carry, position, and maneuver a 14-foot metal extension ladder. Must be physically able to carry heavy props and set pieces up and down stairs. Some construction and painting experience a plus. SALARIED FULL TIME POSITION. To Apply: Send cover and resume to: Info@ThirdAvenuePlayhouse.com Or mail to Box 843, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Administrative Assistant for Dane Arts and Dane County, Madison, WI (posted 1-12-19)
Provide administrative support to Dane Arts, Office of Economic and Workforce
Development, and Dane County Office of Climate Change. Click here for full info.
Manager, Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center, Sun Prairie, WI (posted 1-7-19)
Click here for full info.
Executive Director, Wilson and Carol Trueblood Performing Arts Center, Washington Island, WI (posted 1-4-19)
Click here for info.
Executive Director, Wausau Conservatory of Music, Wausau, WI (posted 1-2-19)
Click here for info. Posted to 3-1-19.
Marketing Manager, In Tandem Theatre, Milwaukee, WI (posted 12-22-18)
In Tandem Theatre seeks a qualified individual to join the administrative team of an established performing arts organization as a Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, written/verbal/proofreading skills and who is adept at prioritizing. This position will work closely with the Producing and Artistic Directors/Co-founders to further grow the organization creatively and administratively with a goal to expand the public’s awareness of the organization and increase single and subscription ticket sales. This candidate will apply their skills and knowledge resulting in the realization of four full-length productions, two to three fundraising events annually, and assistance with the promotion of the Art Gallery. This position reports to, and is supported by, the Producing Director. Job announcement posted to 3-1-19. Job responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Implementation and execution of marketing plan with input from staff; create and maintain a detailed calendar of marketing events and deadlines
- Write and distribute press releases and press packets to media/reviewers
- Maintenance of press/media contact databases and coordination of interviews
- Creative/Copywriting for advertising and print materials
- Coordination of annual season brochure; coordinate and assist with photo shoots
- Work with designers/volunteers to create promotional materials from inception to completion
- Creation of flyers, posters and signage
- Work with vendors for printing and mailing of materials
- Coordination of advertising (including but not limited to, print, radio and online)
- Maintenance of website including monthly blogs
- Oversee social media; maintain Facebook, Twitter accounts and digital campaigns (placing and tracking of online advertising)
- Create and send bi-weekly email blasts; maintenance of email lists
- Assist with subscription and single ticket campaigns
- List all events on online calendars
Building, Special Events and Meetings:
- Attendance/assistance with events and opening nights
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings
- Promote In Tandem Theatre/Tenth Street Theatre at various public events by setting up booth/table space with promotional materials
- Promote exhibitions and events in the gallery as well as arts education initiatives
- Participation in distribution of promotional materials (canvassing)
- Attendance at monthly Artspin meetings with follow up as required
- Occasional assistance in coverage for front-of-house, House Management, box office
- Proofreading and editing including assistance with grants and playbills
- Photography and videography for promotional purposes
- Hiring and overseeing of marketing interns
- Assistance in gathering auction items for raffles and silent auctions
- Timely reading of all selected plays for season for marketing purposes
- Assist with identifying potential group sales and other strategies for increasing earned income potential
- Assist with phone and ticket taking as needed
- Maintain seasonal image catalog using Google
- Keep abreast of local and national trends and developments in the theater and musical theater fields, in audience development, group sales, marketing and arts education
- Oversee assignments to Administrative Associate, interns and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidate will exhibit creativity, enthusiasm and appreciation of theatrical performance and visual arts
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Above average knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator or InDesign, in particular
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suites including Publisher and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of Filemaker Pro a plus
- Knowledge of Constant Contact a plus
- Strong written and proofreading skills
- Ability to interact with patrons, volunteers and interns in person and via phone
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Some nights and weekends required; some driving required; ability to lift 50 pounds, stand and walk for extended periods
- Thirty (30) hours per week; paid holidays; one paid week off (4th of July week) – $18,720 ($12/hour)
- Hours bankable for off-time during slow periods (January/summer)
- Small, non-shedding dog in office
Chief Executive Officer, Imagine MKE, Milwaukee, (posted 12-20-18)
Click here for full information
Theater Technician, Sun Prairie Schools, Sun Prairie, WI (posted 1-10-19)
To serve as the primary technical liaison for the successful production of all events scheduled in the performing arts facilities, which includes serving as the resident authority on the use and operation of performance systems, including lighting, rigging, sound, video, and staging. Apply at WECAN, Vacancy ID: 50100. Click here for full position description.
Intern positions, Arts Wisconsin, Madison, WI (ongoing)
Now accepting applications for 2019
Arts Wisconsin is an independent statewide organization with the mission to serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich communities as the voice for the arts. Arts Wisconsin advances the creative economy, integrates the arts and creativity in education, educates entrepreneurs and activists, and engages policy-makers and the public as a catalyst and convener for dialogue, information, and action.Arts Wisconsin is currently seeking creative, self-motivated communication, engagement and social media interns with strong writing, interviewing, and journalism skills as well as experience with social media, design, and marketing. Intern responsibilities include working on the organization’s communication plan, overseeing the writing and editing of the News from Arts Wisconsin monthly e-newsletter, coordinating social media platforms, and assisting with research projects, website maintenance, and fundraising and outreach/engagement programs. The ideal intern has an interest in the arts, arts education, politics and civic issues, community engagement, and cultural and creative development. We are particularly interested in students with film/video expertise and interest to assist in the development and production of promotional and educational videos. Preferred skills include graphic design and visual promotion. This is an unpaid internship. We offer a meaningful, challenging, and interesting experience and a flexible schedule, and are amenable to a wide range of interests and talents. To apply, please send a resume to Anne Katz, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)
- Creative Alliance Milwaukee! – creative industry job opportunities in the Milwaukee region
- Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee’s Jobs that Serve
- NE Wisconsin Arts Association Jobs Board
- Association of Wisconsin Symphony Orchestras – Job Postings
- PortalWisconsin’s Opportunities Section
- Wisconsin Arts Board’s Opportunities in the Arts
- Wisconsin jobs
- Springboard for the Arts Job Book (Upper Midwest)
- Americans for the Arts’ Job Bank
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Nonprofit Jobs – Midwest
- The Foundation Center
national job listings in philanthropy and fundraising
- ArtJob Online
ArtJob Online is a Web-based resource for employment and opportunities in the arts throughout the U.S. This searchable Web site includes full- and part-time positions, internships, grants, fellowships, and calls for entries.
- Madstage.com ( Madison-area theater and dance-related jobs, information, or want ads)