- Arts Action Fund and Americans for the Arts will be conducting a webinar on PPP and other COVID-19 Economic Relief Opportunities on Friday at 1 pm CT on January 22, 2021. Register for FREE at ArtsU or watch live at www.Facebook.com/ArtsActionFund.
- Wisconsin Rural Summit. Monday, January 25, 1-4 pm Central. Free and open to all. This virtual summit will focus on the Wisconsin rural economy with an eye toward innovative strategies to foster economic opportunities and well-being. The summit will provide an overview of historical and current trends in the Wisconsin rural economy, look to lessons learned from rural communities, and focus on proactive strategies that Wisconsin’s smaller and rural communities can implement. Register here.
- Arts Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Arts Board will present a virtual information session for Wisconsin arts organizations with Dr. Laura Cassidy, Professor and Director of Epidemiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.Date: Friday, January 29, 9-10 am CT. Dr. Cassidy is a noted expert in issues around presenting and producing in venues and public spaces in the COVID era. Her presentation will focus on specific topics of interest to producing and presenting arts organizations, including what’s happening with vaccine distribution, the mechanisms of indoor and outdoor events, audience capacity levels, and mask wearing for organization staff, volunteers and audiences. The session will include plenty of time for questions and discussion.
Moderator: Kendra Whitlock Ingram, President, Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee
We’re taking questions in advance! Please send yours to Anne Katz at email@example.com.
Register in advance for this webinar here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Are You Seeking Funding for Creative Placemaking & Equitable Development? Join the National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations for a free webinar, Federal Resources for Creative Community Development, on Tuesday, February 9, 3-4 pm CT. Register here.
We’ll keep this list continually updated.
For your review: 2020 listening sessions, webinars, and other events of interest
“Shuttered Venue Grant” (previously known as “Save Our Stages”) program – presentation by SBA, 1-14-21. Click here for YouTube video.
What’s in the new Federal Relief Bill? Arts Wisconsin Director Anne Katz reviewed the new Federal Pandemic Relief package (click here for info about the legislation) announced by Congress including Federal Unemployment Assistance, a second round of Paycheck Protection Program loans, and the $15 Billion “Save Our Stages” grants for live performance venues, performing arts, movie theaters and museums. Click here for the session recording and more info.
- PPP Forgiveness Options and Income Tax Implications on Receiving CARES Act Grants, Loans, or Unemployment Compensation, presented by Americans for the Arts’ Arts Action Fund, 12-18-2020. To access the recording:
- Visit the event page
- Locate the box on the right hand side with the title of the webinar
- Click on the box
- Click the orange “View Video” button
- Scenario planning for arts organizations, 12-18-20, with the Wisconsin Arts Board
See the RESOURCES tab of the event page for additional resources.
- Reimagining the Future of the Arts Nationally and in Wisconsin: Arts Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Arts Board invited constituents to share ideas, information, and inspiration, in a series of conversations about the (reimagined) future of the arts, culture and creativity throughout our state. Sessions focused on scenario planning, using a new Scenario Planning Toolkit developed by AEA Consulting for the Wallace Foundation. Discussion question: how can arts organizations approach planning for the future when there are so many unknowns?
- Friday, December 18 meeting recording
- Town Hall for Wisconsin Artists and Creative Workers on Tuesday, December 1. A statewide forum to share your insights about what should come next in the recovery and stability of WI’s arts ecosystem. Hosted by the Wisconsin Arts Board in partnership with Arts Wisconsin, Association of Wisconsin Artists, Backline|gener8tor, Fellowship.art|gener8tor, Film Wisconsin, gener8tor, Imagine MKE, Mary Nohl Fellowships, Milwaukee Artist Resource Network, Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters, Wisconsin Alliance of Composers, Wisconsin Dance Council, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Wisconsin Visual Artists, and the Wisconsin Writers Association. Town Hall recording here.
- Artists In a Time of Global Pandemic (ASL & Captioned), HowlRound, 3-16-20
- “COVID-19 Recovery for Community Theatres” – AACT/Hytropy Reverse Disaster, March 31 (recording)
- “COVID-19 and Your Nonprofit: Crisis Comms, Fundraising and Event Considerations for Challenging Times” – Tuesday, March 17 (access the webinar here)
- “We Are Stronger Together: Navigating Crises & Sustaining Healthy Relationships in the Era of Coronavirus” – Wed., March 18 (read the transcript here; recording coming soon)
- “Networking for Disaster Management in the Performing Arts” – Performing Arts Readiness, 3-24-20 (access the webinar here)
Arts Wisconsin Zoom info:
- Online: www.zoom.us/j/4601378823
- Phone: +1 312 626 6799
- Meeting ID: 460 137 8823