This fall, the Wallace Foundation has been hosting a five-part national webinar series, “Reimagining the Future of the Arts.” The series brings together a diverse set of leading experts in the field to facilitate conversations around some of the most pressing issues facing the arts sector today, grounded in research commissioned or supported by Wallace. Three of the sessions have taken place; the next two will be presented in 2021, dates TBA.
The big question is: what will the future be like for nonprofit arts organizations? Strengthening community engagement, inclusion, and organizational health have long been on the minds of nonprofit arts leaders around the country. The global COVID-19 pandemic and the national conversation about racial justice and equity make such questions even more urgent.
Join Arts Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Arts Board to share ideas, information, and inspiration, in a series of conversations about the (reimagined) future of the arts, culture and creativity throughout our state. The December sessions are focused on scenario planning (check out the new Toolkit developed by AEA Consulting). Discussion question: Scenario planning: how can arts organizations approach planning for the future when there are so many unknowns?
- Thursday, December 3, 9-10 am. Part #2
- Friday, December 18, 9-10 am. Part #3
If you signed up for the first session, you’re already registered. If you haven’t signed up yet, complete the registration form here. Everyone will receive a Zoom link before the date.
Wallace Foundation webinars:
- Wednesday, October 21. This first session examined “what audiences want from the arts as the pandemic rages on.” Panelists in the first installment of Wallace’s arts conversation series examined how COVID-19 and urgent conversations about racial justice are transforming the arts. Click here for the session recording.
- Thursday, November 5, 12-1 pm. Question: “What can we learn about organizational health from “high-performing” and “turnaround” arts organizations?” The session will begin with a brief overview of the study, The Alchemy of High-Performing Arts Organizations, which analyzes commonalities across two groups of high-performing organizations, offering insights into how they achieved organizational health by linking strategy and financial sustainability. Click here for the session recording.
- Wednesday, November 18, 12-1 pm. Question: How can arts organizations approach planning for the future when there are so many unknowns? Featuring the new Scenario Planning Tool developed by AEA Consulting. Click here for the session recording.
- Two more sessions TBA
Questions? Contact Anne Katz at Arts Wisconsin.
Arts Organizations’ Early Response to COVID-19 Uncertainty: Insights from the Field
AEA Consulting | The Wallace Foundation
Navigating Uncertain Times: A Scenario Planning Toolkit for the Arts and Culture Sector
The Wallace Foundation