- To Accelerate Our Economic Recovery, Look to the Arts, Governing Magazine, June 2021
- Stages of Grief – What the pandemic has done to the arts, Harper’s Magazine, June 2021
- Actors Fund Study Details Devastating Impact of COVID-19 on Entertainment Industry, Variety, 5-7-21. The Actors Fund released results of its national survey of actors, the results of which align with the data about hardships gathered by Americans for the Arts and Artist Relief, and emphasize the need for direct and immediate recovery assistance for creative workers.
- US small-business recovery after the COVID-19 crisis, McKinsey and Company, April 2021
- New Report Examines the Role of Arts and Culture in Fostering Social Cohesion and Community Well-Being, National Endowment for the Arts, 4-15-21
- Current data (June 2021) shows that nationally, the effect of cancellations and shutdowns have resulted in a $15.2 billion loss nationwide, and $58+ million loss in Wisconsin. In addition, over 2/3 of the nation’s independent creative workers are unemployed.
- Click here for current impact on creative businesses and workers (Americans for the Arts)
- Click here for the weekly recap on creative sector COVID impact (Americans for the Arts)
- Lost art: Measuring COVID-19’s devastating impact on America’s Creative Economy, Brookings Institution, August 2020
- Arts and Culture in a Pandemic: An Existential Threat, from the Wisconsin Policy Forum, July 2020