Keep checking this site for actions, information, resources, ideas, and ways to speak up and get noticed.
Schedule (a work in progress):
- Thursday, April 1: Creative Wisconsin Month Kick-Off with Wisconsin Poet Laureate Dasha Kelly Hamilton. Details TBA.
- April 5-9: Americans for the Arts’ 2021 National Arts Action Summit. Over these five days, advocates will gain a depth of knowledge from policy experts at Americans for the Arts and many organizational Partners in an all-virtual setting. Arts Wisconsin will participate as the Wisconsin state partner organization, and will organize and lead constituent meetings with members of Wisconsin’s Congressional delegation. Details TBA. Scholarship opportunities are available for the Summit. Click here for full info.
- Advocacy trainings, panel discussions, workshops, roundtable meetings – click here for the schedule (updated frequently) , currently planning:
- Advocacy 101, 102, and beyond – how the budget process works and how to be a successful advocate
- Taking the Message Local – using public value messages to make your case
- Creative Workers Town Hall #2, with Wisconsin Arts Board and other partners
- State of Arts Funding in Wisconsin, with the Wisconsin Philanthropy Network
- Your community can do it too – what cultural planning is all about
Information and resources you need:
- CARES Act #2 – info and resources
- Resources – funding and opportunities for creative workers and businesses
- Sign on to the WisARTS@groups.io listserve for arts sector connections
Advocacy and action
- Sign on to Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center for advocacy actions.
- Listening sessions, conferences, webinars
Do you have suggestions about programming for Creative Wisconsin Month? Contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss!
Thanks to our sponsors: