We’ve turned April into Creative Wisconsin Month, including Virtual Creative Wisconsin Day on April 16. Keep checking this site for actions, information, resources, ideas, and ways to celebrate the arts, culture, and creativity – more important than ever in this time of crisis.
Information and resources you need during the COVID-19 era:
- All about the CARES Act and what it means to the creative sector
- Resources – funding and opportunities for creative workers and businesses
- Sign on to the WisARTS@groups.io listserve for arts sector connections
- Celebrating National Poetry Month with a poem a day on Facebook and Twitter
- Creative Wisconsin Day (virtually!), Thursday, April 16
Advocacy and action
- Sign on to Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center for advocacy actions.
- Listening sessions and webinars
- Listening session with Arts Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Arts Board, Fridays at 9 am (next session: Friday, April 17) and now every other Tuesday at 7 pm (next session: Tuesday, April 21).
- Webinar: SBA programs of interest to Wisconsin’s creative sector
UPDATED DATES/TIMES: Monday, April 13, 3-4 pm and
Wednesday, April 15, 12-1 pm
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Public Affairs Specialist for Wisconsin, Shirah Rachel Apple, an artist and arts appreciator, will talk with Wisconsin’s creative sector about navigating the SBA’s new loan and debt relief resources.
- To participate in all sessions:
- Online: www.zoom.us/j/4601378823 | meeting ID: 460-137-8823
- Phone: +1 312 626 6799 | meeting ID: 460 137 8823
Events (to be added as time and energy allow!):
- Live streaming noon concerts on Facebook featuring Madison artists, presented by the Madison Arts Commission. Soloists, families, and kids can sign up to play by emailing email@example.com. Visit Make Music Madison’s Facebook page for upcoming shows:
- Waupaca, daily: April is (still) Poetry Month in Waupaca!
We’re open to all ideas and suggestions about how to keep making Creative Wisconsin Month into a bigger “thing,” so feel free to contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss!