The first ever Creative Wisconsin Day celebrates the diversity and variety of Wisconsin’s entrepreneurial creative sector, demonstrates the ways in which creativity revitalizes communities across the state, encourages public and private investsment in Wisconsin’s creative resources, and shares inspiring stories with representatives and decision-makers.
Creative Wisconsin Day 2020 will take place on Thursday, April 16, at the Overture Center for the Arts in downtown Madison.
Arts Wisconsin has turned Arts Day into Creative Wisconsin Day to reflect the growing importance of creativity as THE resource for the 21st century and for Wisconsin. Arts Wisconsin is all about strengthening a creative Wisconsin - a state where investment in creativity is the pathway to success. Creative Wisconsin Day is the largest statewide event to celebrate that creativity in every corner of Wisconsin.
In this important election year, it’s critical that people who care about Wisconsin’s future come together to network, learn and strategize for economic vitality, education for the 21st century, dynamic workforce, vibrant communities, and engaged residents. That’s what Creative Wisconsin Day is all about.
Creative Wisconsin Day 2020 features:
- Creative Wisconsin Day Breakfast for attendees and elected officials
- Creativity, community, and action in 2020: Breakfast keynote speaker Nina Ozlu Tunceli, Chief Counsel of Government and Public Affairs at Americans for the Arts and Executive Director of the Americans for the Arts Action Fund
- Arts Wisconsin’s 2020 Arts Wisconsin Creative Policy and Development Agenda on legislative and budget issues impacting the arts and creativity throughout Wisconsin, and Create The Vote WI, a nonpartisan public education campaign to raise awareness and support for arts, culture, and creative expression during the 2020 election season.
- Constituent meetings with elected representatives
- Artist in Residence TBA
- Arts showcases and exhibits at the Overture Center
- Roundtables and discussions
- Pre-conference Creative Summit, Wednesday, April 15, 1-5 pm, at the Overture Center, an informal, informational gathering is all about sharing your successes and challenges, telling your stories, learning from colleagues and peers, and strengthening your work.
Check out the Creative Wisconsin Day schedule (continually updated).
Creative Wisconsin Day is presented in partnership with Downtown Day, also happening on April 16, presented by the Wisconsin Downtown Action Council.
The Creative Wisconsin Day registration fee is $40/person and $20/students K-college. The Creative Summit registration fee is $20/person. Register today!
Many thanks to the generous sponsors of Creative Wisconsin Day. Become a sponsor of this premier statewide event and get visibility and attention for your organization or business! Click here for sponsorship info.
201 State Street
Madison, WI 53703
|Creative Wisconsin Day Registration|
|Creative Wisconsin Day Registration fee||$ 40.00|
|Creative Wisconsin Day Student (K - college) registration||$ 20.00|
|Wisconsin Creative Summit||$ 20.00|