- Webinar presentations with Dr. Laura Cassidy, Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), presented by Arts Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Arts Board
- Focus on visual arts, with Aaron Sherer, Paine Arts Center and Gardens, Oshkosh, 2-25-21. Click here for webinar video recording and presentation slides.
- Focus on performing arts, with Kendra Whitlock Ingram, Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, Milwaukee, 1-29-21. Click here for webinar recording and presentation slides.
- MCW Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center: www.covid19.mcw.edu/
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services – COVID info: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Re-opening Guidance: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/reopen-guidance.html
- American Association of Museums COVID info
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers’ Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Resources from ASHRAE and Others: ASHRAE has published two statements to define guidance on managing the spread of COVID-19 with respect to the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems in buildings. ASHRAE recommends operators continue to run systems during this time to help control the spread of the virus.
- Arts Wisconsin: www.artswisconsin.org
- Wisconsin Arts Board: www.artsboard.wisconsin.gov
- International Association of Venue Managers: www.iavm.org/covid-19-outbreak-resources
- National Independent Venue Association: www.nivassoc.org/
- Association of Performing Arts Presenters: www.apap365.org/Resources/COVID-19-Advocacy-and-Relief/General-Resources
- Shuttered Venue Operators grant (SVOG) – FAQs as of 3-1-21 (new items are marked with an asterisk *)
- John Hopkins University has recently released a study on nonprofit employment under COVID and found that the sector lost 960,000 jobs, with arts and entertainment showing the largest drop in jobs:
- As of January 2021, the nonprofit workforce remained down by nearly 958,000 jobs compared to February 2020 levels, representing a 7.7% decline from its pre-pandemic level, These lost jobs include 36.3% of all workers in nonprofit arts and entertainment organizations; 16% of nonprofit education workers; 11% of all workers in nonprofit religious, grant-making, and civic associations; over 8% of workers in nonprofit social service institutions; and more than 3% of nonprofit health care workers.
- Compilation of data from Americans for the Arts, re pandemic impact on nonprofit arts and culture sector, independent creative workers, arts and mental health (2-8-2021)
- Economic impact on nonprofit sector: $58.2 million in Wisconsin; $15.2 billion nationally (2-11-2021)
- Arts and Culture in a Pandemic: An Existential Threat, Wisconsin Policy Forum, July 2020
- Lost Art: Measuring COVID’s devastating impact on the arts sector, Brookings Institution, August 2021
- Aerosol study update (mid-December 2020) (National Federation of State High School Associations)
- Musical equipment:
- Split Masks: Heid Music https://www.heidmusic.com/marchmaster-adult-performance-mask-black/
- Flute Masks: Heid Music https://www.heidmusic.com/marchmaster-performance-flute-mask-black/
- Bell Covers and Instrument Bags: McCormick’s https://www.mccormicksnet.com/COVID-Instrument-and-Safety-s/863.htm
- Global Plasma Solutions (air filtration system): www.globalplasmasolutions.com
If you have a resource or research to share, please send to Anne Katz at Arts Wisconsin for inclusion on this page (email@example.com).
as of 3-20-21 – continually updated