Arts Day 2019 Schedule (as of 2-7-19, subject to change)
Monday, March 11, 1-5 pm: Attend the pre-Arts Day Wisconsin Creative Summit, on the topic of creative placemaking. Register for the Creative Summit using the Arts Day 2019 registration form. Wisconsin Studio, Overture Center
Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 8 am – 3:30 pm
Overture Center for the Arts, 201 State Street, downtown Madison
Click here for a map of downtown Madison parking – closest parking ramps are the Overture Center garage and the State Street/Capitol garage
8 am Registration opens – greet old and new friends, grab a cup of coffee, and explore our sponsors’ exhibits
8:30 am Arts Day Breakfast
Program begins at 9 am
10:30 am – 1 pm Constituent visits with legislators
10:30 am – 3:30 pm Check out The Idea Center at Overture in the Main Lobby: here’s your chance to visit our Arts Day sponsors’ exhibits, make some art, purchase a Tshirt, book or card, and join your colleagues for roundtable discussions on arts education, creative placemaking, community engagement, downtown development, and more.
Roundtables will take place 10:30-11:30 am and 11:45 am-12:45 pm. Topics will include (others TBA):
- A conversation with members of Milwaukee Rep’s Teen Council – observations about arts involvement and engagement from the next generation.
- Talk to Us!: Arts Wisconsin needs ideas and opinions from its members and constituents. Arts Wisconsin board members will facilitate a discussion about the results of a constituent survey and how to serve the arts, creativity, and communities across Wisconsin.
- Tables set up for spontaneous conversations with new and old friends.
1 pm Networking lunch
Relax and catch up with old and new friends.
2-3:30 pm Two discussion sessions at the Madison Central Library (one block from Overture)
- Discussion on public art programs around the state with Wisconsin Arts Board and Arts Wisconsin
- Discussion on downtown development presented in partnership with the Wisconsin Downtown Action Council
3:30 pm and after Happy hour (cash bar) with colleagues and friends
The Old Fashioned, 23 North Pinckney Street (east side of the Capitol Square)
Throughout the day:
- Enjoy the exhibit area with our generous Arts Day 2019 sponsors
- Art making: we’re thrilled to welcome DePere artist Faye Willems as Arts Day Artist-in-Residence, courtesy of VSA Wisconsin
- Community arts publications and Arts Wisconsin merchandise for sale
- Please post your photos, thoughts and ideas on social media! The Arts Day Twitter hashtags are #WIArtsDay, #investinarts and #WisconsinCreates.
Arts Day 2019 registration fees are $40 for individuals, $30 for each additional registration from the same organization or business, and $15 for students. Registration covers continental breakfast and box lunch and materials for Arts Day. Wisconsin Creative Summit registration fee is $20.