Talking points about the arts, arts education, and creative economy
Wisconsin arts issues
Stories: Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
National arts issues
General advocacy information and inspiration
Connecting with elected officials and decision-makers
Directories and Information
The times call for creative, pro-active, positive, and vigilant leadership. Use Arts Wisconsin’s Arts Action Center to stay informed and be involved.
- Click here to take action to ask state and federal representatives to invest in creative businesses and people. The COVID crisis is devastating Wisconsin’s creative economy. Without continued and expanded federal relief, the sector’s immediate and long-term viability is in jeopardy. Now is the moment for everyone who cares about Wisconsin’s future to come together and demand action.
- Information and Resources for the Creative Sector re COVID-19 – updated continuously
- Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center – sign up for easy online advocacy
- Talking points about the power, benefit, value and impact of the arts
- Facts and figures on the arts, arts education and creative economy in Wisconsin
- Ten Reasons to Invest in Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
- 21st Century Wisconsin reports on exciting opportunities for growth and success throughout the state, produced by Arts Wisconsin and the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, 21st Century Wisconsin (PDF), 2018
- 2020 Creative Policy Agenda – growing Wisconsin’s investment in the arts and creative economy
- The Arts and the Creative Economy: Creativity for all in Wisconsin
- State Arts Agency funding information from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- Create The Vote Wisconsin: a nonpartisan campaign to raise awareness and support for arts, culture, + creativity among voters and candidates in 2020
National arts issues – updated often
- Advocacy in “Interesting” Times – blogpost by Anne Katz, Executive Director, Arts Wisconsin, January-February 2016
- Resources from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, February 2017
- Five Essential Arts Arguments summarizes key talking points that are especially timely in today’s policy environment.
- Fact vs. Fiction: Government Arts Funding debunks common myths regarding public support for the arts.
- You Can Shape Policy provides advocacy action recommendations along with useful advocacy dos and don’ts.
- Six reasons why you should be an advocate for the arts, arts education and creative economy
- Dos and Don’ts of advocacy
- Everyday Advocacy for Nonprofits, from the National Council on Nonprofits
- Sign up and be counted–get your Dun and Bradstreet number to be included in creative economy research!
- Wisconsin State Legislature 2020
- Developing an effective message
- Influencing the legislative process: a brief outline
- All about the state budget process, from the Wisconsin Budget Project
- How a bill becomes law in Wisconsin
- Ten tips for making an impact on your legislator best teether
- Connecting with your elected officials on Arts Day
- Taking the lead to help elected officials display art in offices
- Your current state legislative elected officials
- The Wheeler Report – daily news about politics in Wisconsin