Talking points about the arts, arts education, and creative economy
Wisconsin arts issues
Stories: Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
National arts issues
General advocacy information and inspiration
Connecting with elected officials and decision-makers
Directories and Information
The times call for creative, pro-active, positive, and vigilant leadership. Use Arts Wisconsin’s Arts Action Center to stay informed and be involved.
- Information and Resources for the Creative Sector re COVID-19 – updated continuously
- Join us for Creative Wisconsin Day, virtually, Thursday, April 16, 2020
- 21st Century Wisconsin reports on exciting opportunities for growth and success throughout the state, produced by Arts Wisconsin and the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, 21st Century Wisconsin (PDF)
- Arts Action Alert: Investment in the arts is an investment in Wisconsin’s future…what you should know about arts, community, nonprofit and creative economy policy issues on the state and federal levels.
- Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center – sign up for easy online advocacy
- Talking points about the power, benefit, value and impact of the arts
- Facts and figures on the arts, arts education and creative economy in Wisconsin
- Ten Reasons to Invest in Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
- 2020 Creative Policy Agenda – growing Wisconsin’s investment in the arts and creative economy
- The Arts and the Creative Economy: Creativity for all in Wisconsin
- State Arts Agency funding information from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- Create The Vote Wisconsin: a nonpartisan campaign to raise awareness and support for arts, culture, + creativity among voters and candidates in 2020
National arts issues – updated often
- Advocacy in “Interesting” Times – blogpost by Anne Katz, Executive Director, Arts Wisconsin, January-February 2016
- Resources from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, February 2017
- Five Essential Arts Arguments summarizes key talking points that are especially timely in today’s policy environment.
- Fact vs. Fiction: Government Arts Funding debunks common myths regarding public support for the arts.
- You Can Shape Policy provides advocacy action recommendations along with useful advocacy dos and don’ts.
- Six reasons why you should be an advocate for the arts, arts education and creative economy
- Dos and Don’ts of advocacy
- Non-profit lobbying information, from the Center for Lobbying in the Public Interest (CLPI)
- Everyday Advocacy for Nonprofits, from the National Council on Nonprofits
- Sign up and be counted–get your Dun and Bradstreet number to be included in creative economy research!
- Wisconsin State Legislature 2017-2018
- Wisconsin Legislative Session Calendar 2017 (as of 1-3-17, the general calendar is not yet updated from previous legislative session.) The Senate and Assembly calendars are up to date:
- Developing an effective message
- Influencing the legislative process: a brief outline
- All about the state budget process, from the Wisconsin Budget Project
- How a bill becomes law in Wisconsin
- Ten tips for making an impact on your legislator best teether
- Connecting with your elected officials on Arts Day
- Taking the lead to help elected officials display art in offices
- Your current state legislative elected officials
- The Wheeler Report – daily news about politics in Wisconsin