As Arts Wisconsin finishes up its 25th anniversary year, we’re sending special thanks to our most important partner, the Wisconsin Arts Board. The Arts Board is the state agency, established in 1973, which nurtures creativity, cultivates expression, promotes the arts, supports the arts in education, stimulates community and economic development and serves as a resource for people of every culture and heritage.
In 1992, Arts Wisconsin came into being when the Arts Board convened local arts leaders from across Wisconsin to plan for a revitalized and expanded network and foundation for the arts in every corner of the state. The Arts Board received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts for a planning process bringing together the Wisconsin leaders and expert national consultants, to guide the planning and the organization as it took shape. That process formed the base of our partnership and we’ve been working together ever since.
Since the beginning, Arts Board has provided strategic partnership, friendship, encouragement, and funding for Arts Wisconsin’s technical assistance programs, including conferences, educational workshops, and planning projects.
Arts Wisconsin and the Arts Board are concerned with enabling and growing involvement in the arts for everyone, everywhere in the state. The public/private foundation for community arts development that we’ve built together over the past 25 year helps us appreciate the distinct and separate roles both agencies have that together comprehensively serve the state.
Thanks for the support and friendship, Wisconsin Arts Board:
- Kevin Miller, Chairperson, Chippewa Falls
- Mary Gielow, Vice Chairperson, Mequon
- Ann Brunner, Secretary, Kewaunee
- John Hendricks, Sparta
- Karen Ann Hoffman, Stevens Point
- Brian Kelsey, Fish Creek
- Catherine L. Lange, Washburn
- LaMoine MacLaughlin, Amery
- Barbara E. Munson, Mosinee
- John H. Potter, Hudson
- Frederick C. Schwertfeger, Elm Grove
- Robert A. Wagner, Milwaukee
- Matthew Wallock, Madison
- George Tzougros, Executive Director
- Karen Goeschko, Assistant Director for Programs & Services
- Dale Johnson, Grants and Information Specialist
- Kaitlyn Berle, Folk and Traditional Arts Specialist
We appreciate all you do!