Since 1992, Arts Wisconsin has helped people, organizations, businesses and communities gain the attention and resources necessary to make Wisconsin an artistic and creativity-driven state from the ground up. We base our work on the words of the late Robert E. Gard,
Robert Gard, The Arts in the Small Community, 1969
UW Professor and community arts visionary, to “expand the worth of art in the places where people live.”
Your membership support will help Arts Wisconsin expand the advocacy, service and development that helps grow and strengthen your organization and all the arts across Wisconsin.
Why should you support Arts Wisconsin? Because we are the only independent statewide service organization speaking up and working for the arts and creativity on the local level – that means we do our work for you, your organization, and your comunity. Like you, we are guided by these ideals:
- The instinct to create is universal.
- The arts are a critical catalyst for vibrancy and sustainability in Wisconsin’s economic, educational and civic growth
- Creativity leads to discovery, problem solving and invention in life and in business, education and community development
- The arts unite people by integrating diverse perspectives and distinct forms of cultural expression.
To turn these ideas into action, Arts Wisconsin:
- Engages in public policy and advocacy for the arts as Wisconsin’s voice for the arts
- Promotes the arts as a civic resource for the state and all of its communities and as integral to success in a broad range of challenges
- Speaks up for arts-centered learning and the development of a creative workforce
- Conducts and presents research on the state of the arts, culture and creative economy in Wisconsin and globally to elected and civic leaders
- Offers leadership, organizational and business education, training and technical assistance
- Grows strategic alliances, partnerships, and coalitions, to broaden and strengthen Wisconsin’s cultural and creative resources.
- Builds the vitality of communities statewide, through advocacy, service and development
- Fosters equitable access to and participation in arts and culture
- Advances engagement in the arts for everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin.
Arts Wisconsin is leading the way to advance the arts and creativity throughout the state. Right now, we’re advocating for legislation to establish Wisconsin Creates, a new program to increase Wisconsin’s investment in creative economy development, civic engagement through the arts, and arts and creativity in education, in communities like yours and throughout the state. When this bill passes, it will mean the first increase to the Wisconsin Arts Board’s budget in over twenty years, and the possibility of more public funding available for nonprofit arts organizations and other arts businesses.
It’s certainly an “interesting” time, but one that is full of opportunities. Arts Wisconsin’s advocacy, service, and development strengthen and promote the arts as a real, lasting investment for the state, its people, and its communities. Learn more about Arts Wisconsin and the arts in Wisconsin at www.artswisconsin.org.
Robert Gard’s words are as true today as ever, and Arts Wisconsin’s work is more important than ever. A strong arts and creative sector and access to the arts for everyone, everywhere in the state, are critical to Wisconsin’s success. Join or renew your membership, online or through the mail.
Please support Arts Wisconsin as we lead civic engagement on behalf of the arts and creativity, expand our vital work in arts education and creative placemaking, and promote equitable access to the arts for all. Go