The second annual Creative Economy Week, hosted in partnership by Arts Wisconsin and the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, is happening May 13-20, 2017, focusing on civic engagement through the arts, creativity, and public art.
Creative Economy Week is a great way to celebrate the blossoming creative economy movement in Wisconsin, through social media and interaction across the state and share the ways in which the arts play a vital role in our everyday lives.
Highlights of Creative Economy Week 2017:
- Murals, murals, murals! Our theme this year is murals, and we’re showing off public art in Wisconsin cities and villages throughout Wisconsin. Check out the Facebook photo album and Instagram account. If you have a photo to share during Creative Economy Week, send to email@example.com.
- And, proclamations! Click here for city and village proclamations from across the state.
Creative Economy Week media:
- Creative Economy Week focus of this week in Wisconsin
- Eau Claire celebrates Creative Economy Week with various events
City of Eau Claire kicks off Creative Economy Week
- City appreciates efforts of creative people
Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, 5-14-17
- Click here for resources, information, data and research about the creative economy in Wisconsin and beyond.
- Click here for specific ideas on civic engagement through the arts, or, how to answer the question, “what can our community Defining the “creative economy” is an evolving process, but the simplest way is to describe it is the intersection of the creative workforce, creative industries and creative communities.
- Click here for definitions of the creative economy from around the world. What can you and communities actually DO to grow the creative economy, enhance quality of life, educate our kids, and keep our communities vibrant?”
- Click here for some great infographics and data from the National Endowment for the Arts on arts participation, civic engagement throughout the arts, and the economic value of the arts.
What happened during Creative Economy Week 2016?
- Communities throughout the state proclaimed Creative Economy Week for their cities, villages and towns. Click here for Creative Economy Week proclamations and resolutions.
- We asked Wisconsin’s Poet Laureate, Kimberly Blaeser, and other poets from across the state, to share their poetry about community and communities. Read the poetry here.
- Anne Katz of Arts Wisconsin and Gail Sumi of the League of Wisconsin Municipalities spoke about Creative Economy Week on Wisconsin Public Radio’s “Central Time” on April 26. Listen here!
- Arts Wisconsin’s social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – highlighted the impact of the creative economy movement and the success it has had across the state and across the nation.
- Here were ten ways to celebrate Creative Economy Week!
Whether it be in community cultural development, arts education, or tourism, the arts and creativity play a role in in the lives of everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin. Celebrate!