Talking points about the arts, arts education, and creative economy
Wisconsin arts issues
Stories: Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
National arts issues
General advocacy information and inspiration
Connecting with elected officials and decision-makers
Directories and Information
The times call for creative, pro-active, positive, and vigilant leadership. Use Arts Wisconsin’s Arts Action Center to stay informed and be involved.
- Register for Arts Day 2018, on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, at the Overture Center for the Arts in downtown Madison. It’s the biggest day for the arts in Wisconsin and you don’t want to miss it.
- Arts Action Alert 12-12-17: The latest Arts Action Alert from Arts Wisconsin…what you should know about arts, community, nonprofit and creative economy policy issues on the state and federal levels.
- Arts Wisconsin’s Legislative Action Center – sign up for easy online advocacy
- Advocacy “to do” calendar for 2017
- Wisconsin Creates: Arts Wisconsin is leading advocacy to establish a new program to grow Wisconsin’s investment in the arts, arts education and creative economy
- Talking points about the power, benefit, value and impact of the arts
- Facts and figures on the arts, arts education and creative economy in Wisconsin
- Ten Reasons to Invest in Wisconsin’s Creative Sector
- 2017 Arts Legislative Agenda: Wisconsin Creates – growing Wisconsin’s investment in the arts and creative economy
- The Arts and the Creative Economy: Creativity for all in Wisconsin
- Comparative FY2015 State Arts Agency Funding from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
National arts issues – updated often
- Advocacy in “Interesting” Times – blogpost by Anne Katz, Executive Director, Arts Wisconsin, January-February 2016
- Resources from the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, February 2017
- Five Essential Arts Arguments summarizes key talking points that are especially timely in today’s policy environment.
- Fact vs. Fiction: Government Arts Funding debunks common myths regarding public support for the arts.
- You Can Shape Policy provides advocacy action recommendations along with useful advocacy dos and don’ts.
- Six reasons why you should be an advocate for the arts, arts education and creative economy
- Dos and Don’ts of advocacy
- Non-profit lobbying information, from the Center for Lobbying in the Public Interest (CLPI)
- Everyday Advocacy for Nonprofits, from the National Council on Nonprofits
- Sign up and be counted–get your Dun and Bradstreet number to be included in creative economy research!
- Wisconsin State Legislature 2017-2018
- Wisconsin Legislative Session Calendar 2017 (as of 1-3-17, the general calendar is not yet updated from previous legislative session.) The Senate and Assembly calendars are up to date:
- Developing an effective message
- Influencing the legislative process: a brief outline
- All about the state budget process, from the Wisconsin Budget Project
- How a bill becomes law in Wisconsin
- Ten tips for making an impact on your legislator best teether
- Connecting with your elected officials on Arts Day
- Taking the lead to help elected officials display art in offices
- Your current state legislative elected officials
- The Wheeler Report – daily news about politics in Wisconsin