Arts Wisconsin puts the arts at the center of life and learning throughout the state by:
• Raising awareness of the value of the arts in Wisconsin
• Advocating for increased investment in the arts and arts education for everyone in Wisconsin
• Keeping Wisconsin citizens creatively and culturally informed and involved
• Providing tools, teaching and training to members of Wisconsin’s arts industry to strengthen and sustain their work
We believe that everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin should have the opportunity to experience the arts, and that the arts help build and sustain healthy, vibrant communities throughout the state. Our mission, to speak up and advocate for all the arts in Wisconsin, connects us with, and helps us serve, the wide-ranging, diverse and creative constituency of people, organizations and communities making the arts come alive in every corner of Wisconsin.
When you support Arts Wisconsin, you help the power, benefits, value and impact of the arts, arts education and creative economy for the people of Wisconsin.
Our mission: To serve the people of Wisconsin and enrich communities, as the voice for the arts in Wisconsin. Arts Wisconsin is the only independent statewide organization providing a leadership forum for advancing the local and statewide creative economy, integrating the arts and creativity in education, educating entrepreneurs and activists, and engaging policy-makers and the public as a catalyst for dialogue, information, and action.
Our vision: Everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin has the opportunity to experience, participate in, and benefit from the arts.
- the instinct to be creative is universal
- the arts embrace and celebrate diverse perspectives and distinct and numerous forms of cultural expression
- the arts are integral and must be accessible to the lives of all citizens
- the arts are essential to Wisconsin’s economic, educational and civic high standards and continued growth
- the arts and culture are at the core of the quality of life in Wisconsin and all of its communities.
- Advocate: to speak up and advance the arts, arts education and creative economy as integral to Wisconsin’s local, regional and statewide success
- Communicate: to expand the awareness of decision-makers and citizens as a catalyst and convener about the power of the arts to transform people, organizations and communities.
- Educate: to enable Wisconsin’s arts leaders and creative entrepreneurs to realize and sustain success as entrepreneurs and leaders, strengthen and sustain the state’s arts, cultural and creative infrastructure, support vibrant, thriving communities and ensure access to the arts for everyone, everywhere in Wisconsin
- Facilitate: to encourage creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, and position arts, arts education and creative economy as economic, educational and civic assets in every Wisconsin community
- Sustain: grow and expand arts and creative opportunities to benefit and enrich the lives of the people of Wisconsin, as a model for our constituency.
Our core strengths: Arts Wisconsin is widely recognized and supported as the center and catalyst for discussion, education and action on arts, creativity, economic and community development, workforce development, education based on 21st century knowledge and skills, and creative entrepreneurship.
Arts Wisconsin has a sustainable model of diversified funding sources, including:
- Strong and supportive philanthropic partnerships
- Broad-based membership
- Corporate and foundation support
- Diverse government support
- Earned income/fees for programs and services.
- to ensure access to and engagement in the arts, arts education and creative economy for everyone in Wisconsin
- to enable Wisconsin’s arts leaders and creative entrepreneurs to realize their full potential as community leaders and engaged residents
- to maximize the power, benefit, impact, value and use of the arts as economic, educational and civic assets across the state